PAC2 doesn't work. - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-14-2018, 07:09 PM   #1
dporter22

Default PAC2 doesn't work.

Can't get PAC2 to work. EAC is on, SAS is on, Gun/PAC is on, speedbrake is off, PAC1 is engaged, but when I pull the trigger the nose pitches up several degrees and all the rounds miss.

The manual says PAC2 engages automatically when the gun is fired but mine doesn't. Using CH Fighterstick. Have searched the forums.

What am I doing wrong?
dporter22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 07:19 PM   #2
kylekatarn720

Providing a track or recording would be a huge help here.
kylekatarn720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 07:47 PM   #3
LooseSeal

Have you tried with the keyboard commands (P/Space) to see if they work?
Probably an obvious point, but the PAC-1 key is being held down and not just pressed once? (assuming the CH Fighterstick isn't a dual-stage trigger, no idea myself)
- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Persian Gulf; NTTR
LooseSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 07:48 PM   #4
dporter22

I don't have a video, but if I did it would just show what I described. There's a you tube video called DCS A-10 PAC - no PAC; his no PAC is what mine does with PAC. Everything is set correctly afaik, but the nose pitches up when the gun fires.

Same thing happens when I don't engage PAC1, or turn off SAS, or switch to Gun instead of Gun/PAC, or any combination thereof.
Old 05-14-2018, 07:53 PM   #5
FSKRipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dporter22 View Post
I don't have a video, but if I did it would just show what I described. There's a you tube video called DCS A-10 PAC - no PAC; his no PAC is what mine does with PAC. Everything is set correctly afaik, but the nose pitches up when the gun fires.

Same thing happens when I don't engage PAC1, or turn off SAS, or switch to Gun instead of Gun/PAC, or any combination thereof.
Please play a mission, save a track afterwards and upload it to this thread. You don't have to create a video. Without your track we can't judge what happened.
Old 05-14-2018, 07:55 PM   #6
dporter22

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooseSeal View Post
Have you tried with the keyboard commands (P/Space) to see if they work?
Probably an obvious point, but the PAC-1 key is being held down and not just pressed once? (assuming the CH Fighterstick isn't a dual-stage trigger, no idea myself)
Yes, have tried the keyboard. Same pitch up.

Fighterstick trigger is not dual stage, so PAC1 is engaged with a button, is correctly indicated on the HUD, and is actively holding the pipper on the target when I fire the gun. As soon as I pull the trigger the nose pitches up.

The trigger is assigned correctly in the control settings afaik since the gun fires, but there is no PAC2 activation.
Old 05-14-2018, 08:03 PM   #7
LooseSeal

It's particularly odd that it also happens with the keyboard commands.. technically you shouldn't even need PAC-1, it would stabilize and fire PAC-2 just with the Space key.

I found this https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=74116 (even if it is a bit old now) so was thinking it may have something to do with the CH stick. You'd need to get another CH user to confirm that, though.

But we'd really need to see a video track... you might think it's going to show us nothing, but you never know.
Is this coming from a cold start?
- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Persian Gulf; NTTR
Old 05-14-2018, 08:26 PM   #8
dporter22

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooseSeal View Post
It's particularly odd that it also happens with the keyboard commands.. technically you shouldn't even need PAC-1, it would stabilize and fire PAC-2 just with the Space key.

I found this https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=74116 (even if it is a bit old now) so was thinking it may have something to do with the CH stick. You'd need to get another CH user to confirm that, though.

But we'd really need to see a video track... you might think it's going to show us nothing, but you never know.
Is this coming from a cold start?
Ok, will try to post a track after work today.

Yes, I read that post also but didn't understand why you would need a script to the NWS button for a function that the manual says is automatic with trigger pull. And there is no assignment for PAC2 in the controls manager, it just has Fire Gun assigned to the trigger.
Old 05-14-2018, 08:41 PM   #9
LooseSeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dporter22 View Post
Ok, will try to post a track after work today.

Yes, I read that post also but didn't understand why you would need a script to the NWS button for a function that the manual says is automatic with trigger pull. And there is no assignment for PAC2 in the controls manager, it just has Fire Gun assigned to the trigger.
The manual assumes everyone has a dual-stage trigger like the Warthog, so I wouldn't pay much attention to the exact wording when you have different equipment.

There are 2 assignments - 'Gun trigger' - being PAC-2 when PAC is enabled; and 'Gun trigger (first stage)' being PAC-1. There isn't a 'Fire Gun' binding though.

But yeah... I have no idea what's happening to be honest. Problems are always possible with stick bindings, but it shouldn't happen with the keyboard commands.
- TM Warthog

Old 05-16-2018, 02:10 PM   #10
Gliptal

Make sure you're trimmed for the gun run. If you're incorrectly trimmed and have to apply too much stick, PAC2 won't engage because you're outside its working envelope.

[A-10C][APP] Tacview SLEDs Renderer
README - thread

[A-10C][APP] create your custom cartridge
webapp - thread

[A-10C][SP] Warthog Proficiency mission
download - thread
Gliptal is offline   Reply With Quote