Generator repair does not work - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-13-2018, 09:46 PM   #1
saburo_cz

Default Generator repair does not work

Hi,
damaged generator is not repaired via comm menu at airport.

I was hit and then my generator suffered a failure. L/G, flaps lights started to flashing and weapon lights went off (slowly).

After landing, I asked for repair via comm menu. It was performed and hits signs disappeared from my plane. Unfortunately when i started the engine L/G and flaps lights were still flashing and weapons lights did not light.
When I asked for external power, all lights worked correctly.

Weird thing is that system signal lights do not work, because of generator failure, but systems still work even lost power, according to systems lights.
Landing gear, flaps and NAV lights do not suffer power lost even generator is out...

btw. radio loses functionality when gen. is out, which is right
Old 05-14-2018, 01:25 PM   #2
Flying-Kane

Hi saburo,

if i'm not mistaken, the generator works only from 1600rpm. What you are observing is a discharged battery.
It's a bug since release of the Dora, the battery isn't charged by the generator.
Hold down brakes and push throttle forward, at 1600rpm the lights should stop flickering...
Old 05-14-2018, 01:35 PM   #3
Ala13_ManOWar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying-Kane View Post
Hi saburo,

if i'm not mistaken, the generator works only from 1600rpm. What you are observing is a discharged battery.
It's a bug since release of the Dora, the battery isn't charged by the generator.
Hold down brakes and push throttle forward, at 1600rpm the lights should stop flickering...
IIRC, that's not a bug, it's a real feature of the model.

S!
Old 05-14-2018, 01:40 PM   #4
saburo_cz

I did flight after that "repair" with standard settings, 3250 for take-off and 3000 during that flight...
It was without radio (no power..) no weapon lights and flickering systems lights.