Comms Problem

Florida

SO: I installed Voice Attack and Vaicom Pro. Read all of the manuals. Set up my 4 PTT switches on my X-55 Throttle. My A10C is set up with Easy Comms ON, so I expected the radios to be auto-tuned to where-ever I was starting off.

But when I click the PTT for VHF/AM, I get the menu (I have Disable Menus turned off in Viacom), and ask for ATC (F5, I think) by voice. Nothing happens. It turns out that no matter which radio I select, there is no reply from the other side. I'm thinking that the radios are not getting tuned to the proper freqs. And then I read that Easy Comms may only work under the Gameplay mode.

What am I doing wrong here? My mic is working fine, all commands are showing up fine in VA, but no response to any of my comms.

-= Gary =-

a.k.a. Florida - Current DCS Beta, A-10C II Warthog, F/A-18C Hornet, F-16, F-14B Tomcat, P-51D, Spitfire, Track IR, Logitech X-56 HOTAS, Logitech rudder pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Throttle Quadrant, Razer Orb Weaver, X-Box controller

:pilotfly:

Do you hear a short burst of "white noise" when you press a PTT switch and does the log on VoiceAttack give any clues about what it might be hearing and then transmitting to DCS World?

I have it working fine with the A10C, so it sounds like you might have missed a step in the setup. The VAICOM forum would probably be the best place to get a hand with your troubleshooting.

Just a thought , have you used the CTRL ALT C menu to register your copy of VAICOM PRO and to configure your preferences?

Do you hear a short burst of "white noise" when you press a PTT switch and does the log on VoiceAttack give any clues about what it might be hearing and then transmitting to DCS World?

I have it working fine with the A10C, so it sounds like you might have missed a step in the setup. The VAICOM forum would probably be the best place to get a hand with your troubleshooting.

Just a thought , have you used the CTRL ALT C menu to register your copy of VAICOM PRO and to configure your preferences?

I do get that "white noise", and since I didn't disable the menus, I get the list (F1-F10). I didn't turn off Player Voice, either, and I get what I say in the upper left, but no response. It's almost like I'm tuned to the wrong freq, but I haven't had the chance yet to actually look at the radio dials to verify that.

You're right in that I should go over to the Vaicom forum and check there. I have registered both Voice Attack and Vaicom, and think I've set up my preferences there okay. Back to the research. Thanks for the reply.

-= Gary =-

a.k.a. Florida - Current DCS Beta, A-10C II Warthog, F/A-18C Hornet, F-16, F-14B Tomcat, P-51D, Spitfire, Track IR, Logitech X-56 HOTAS, Logitech rudder pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Throttle Quadrant, Razer Orb Weaver, X-Box controller

:pilotfly:

• 7 months later...

Assigning PTT using red switch on Warthog Throttle

... help, must be missing something...

I had no problems configuring all 5 positions of the hat switch on my warthog throttle and mapped these to TX1-5 (as per pages 11 and 12 of the user manual)

However, I would now like to map the red toggle switch on the throttle to TX6 but this switch is not recognised when I try to configure it in the Vaicom Pro 'Edit a Command' page.

I have checked and this switch is not mapped to anything and not bound to any keys.

Any ideas please?

EDIT: sorted - assigned DX code to switch (press and release) in T.A.R.G.E.T software and worked straight away

Edited by slicker55
Solved

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]