Indicate Parking Slot/Spawn Position in Briefing

Yurgon

It would be great if DCS provided players (both SP and MP) with some info on where their aircraft will start/spawn.

In SP missions, it would be quite simple for mission designers to tell players where their aircraft are going to sit at the beginning of a mission. In MP, I'm not aware of any easy way to do this, unless all aircraft spawn at, e.g., Airfield X Apron Y.

Suggestion #1: Automatically indicate parking/hangar/apron in mission briefing (maybe prior to automatically generated weather info), like in these examples:

Aircraft location:

Kutaisi, Cold, Parking 23, Hangar, Apron North

Aircraft location:

Kutaisi, Cold, Parking 30, Apron North

Aircraft location:

Kutaisi, Hot, Parking 31, Apron North

Aircraft location:

Kutaisi, Hot, Runway 08

Aircraft location:

Airstart, 44°12.345N, 043°67.890E

Suggestion #2

Automatically generate an image from the F10 map into the list of Briefing Images, with a highlight on spawn/start location.

Quick and dirty visualization:

Blue faction:

DCS_spawn_viz_demo_blue.jpg

Red faction:

DCS_spawn_viz_demo_red.jpg

It should be possible in DCS options, in Mission Options and for MP hosts to disable this feature (I don't know why, but I'm sure someone will find it annoying or bad or unrealistic or whatever).

Edited by Yurgon
Added shopped demo
  • Like 4

Would be a nice thing to have automated for sure. We don't have unit-specific briefings though so that would be a lot of clutter for a large scale op. The other hiccup I see is that the parking slot in the ME doesn't necessarily match the airfield charts, especially for airfields with shelters...what may be parking slot #31 in the ME might be identified as shelter 26 on the charts due to numbered spaces on the apron.

• Like 1

We don't have unit-specific briefings though so that would be a lot of clutter for a large scale op.

Oh, sorry, my bad, the description was probably not precise enough.

I meant this should be indicated on an individual basis, i.e. "for that particular player who reads this particular briefing".

It might be an additional feature to show spawns for other units of the same group, but most of all I'd like to know my spawn position after I select a slot or start an SP mission. :thumbup:

The other hiccup I see is that the parking slot in the ME doesn't necessarily match the airfield charts, especially for airfields with shelters...what may be parking slot #31 in the ME might be identified as shelter 26 on the charts due to numbered spaces on the apron.

Well that certainly would be for ED to figure out. ;)

But I'd rather know the position in reference to the charts. As a player/client, I might not even be aware of the ME, or that it counts in a different way.

It might make sense to indicate in the ME GUI that the parking selected there is different from the "official" name or number of that position on the charts.

Another nice option would be to have a command on the ATC Ground menu (or ground crew) that places an AI person at the head of the parking spot. This would help for unmarked parking spots on the ramp. Another solution would be to prevent spawn-in while somebody is overlapping a parking spot.

• Like 1

It would be great if DCS provided players (both SP and MP) with some info on where their aircraft will start/spawn.

In SP missions, it would be quite simple for mission designers to tell players where their aircraft are going to sit at the beginning of a mission. In MP, I'm not aware of any easy way to do this, unless all aircraft spawn at, e.g., Airfield X Apron Y.

Suggestion #1: Automatically indicate parking/hangar/apron in mission briefing (maybe prior to automatically generated weather info), like in these examples:

Suggestion #2

Automatically generate an image from the F10 map into the list of Briefing Images, with a highlight on spawn/start location.

It should be possible in DCS options, in Mission Options and for MP hosts to disable this feature (I don't know why, but I'm sure someone will find it annoying or bad or unrealistic or whatever).

Nice

+1

"You want me to fly in the back of a tiny little jet with a crazy fighter pilot who thinks he´s invincible,

home in on a SAM site in North Vietnam and shoot it before it shoots me?

You´ve gotta be shittin´me!"

Captain Jack Donovan

+1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

+1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least