Wingman not responding..

Hi, I'm working my way through the campaign, but some of the missions are hampered by my wingman not responding to the radio commands at all, nothing. I have checked freqs and I can get him on any of them, usually UHF.. any ideas? I'm on a stock 2.5 install. Other instant action missions etc work fine.

i5-7600K @ 4.8 | 32GB | 1080 | Rift S | TM MFD & WH HOTAS-10mm ext + TFRP

This is weird. Can you be more specific as to the missions where you are having trouble? Sometimes wingman is silenced on purpose not to flood player with the spotted targets or spikes during important conversations but other than that it should be fine... give me more details and I will of course check.

One question- just to be sure - you are not using easy comms?

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Was just thinking, when you mean silenced, is that like muted? He/she should still follow your orders even if they don't reply? I finally got past this op last night, I had to alter my loadout and take 6 mavs, plus cluster bombs to try and make sure I can take out the 2 sets of vehicles on my own as the wingman is useless. Once the initial 3 are taken out, I fly around for a bit to see what happens next, it's a few minutes of silence later when I get a grid ref from the helo on 131, by then the 3 have nearly made it to the tree line, and I'm in a panic to get after & destroy them in time! Luckily I got them in the end with 2 cbu-97s and mission complete, but I did fail this one a lot..

i5-7600K @ 4.8 | 32GB | 1080 | Rift S | TM MFD & WH HOTAS-10mm ext + TFRP

• 6 months later...

Having this silence issue with Mission 8 - Storm before the calm. That is the mission mastersetter was referring to as well. In-game mission briefing specifies Ford radio frequency as FM 33MHz which is pretty weird. I tried setting both VHF radios to that frequency (as well as setting the radios to FM). I get the sine noise from VHF1 and on VHF2 I get silence. Wingman does not talk back.

Funny enough, the document "Enemy Within S08.pdf" contained within the campaign files specifies a frequency for Ford of the usual 251 UHF. I'm confused.

Edited by dcs76

I have been looking into the mission file with ME.

Strange thing is: COMM is set to 251 MHz AM as specified in the pdf. Yet there is a WP trigger at WP 0 to set the radio frequency to 33 MHz FM. Also there is a silence on trigger action defined after the chit chat between Ford1-1 and Ford 1-2 about the flat terrain. I don't see a trigger condition though. I don't understand how and when this action is triggered.

Edited by dcs76
clarification

I finally managed to get my Wingman responding. I used VHF2 and set it to 33MHz AM(!) - not FM as specified in the Briefing. Then I used Mic switch backward and he responded.

I'm not sure if that is a bug in either ME or the radio of the A-10C. The mission uses a WP trigger action to switch radio to 33 FM, yet it is being switched to AM.

Ok it also works having the VHF2 switch on MAN. You just need to remember to use Mic switch backward when talking to Wingman.

Btw, it is quite inconvenient when trying to talk to wingman on 33 and with JTAC Finger on 35. You have to switch frequencies back and forth. Would be nice to have Wingman on 251 UHF as usual.