Flight sims in 2050?

animaal

Holograms in 30 years? ENTIRELY within the realm of possibilities. NeurConnections? Probably not.

With in the span of 30 years Possible? Naaaaa Holographic "projectors" already exist

People haveven built a "homemade" projectors ( or Visualisers)

http://unt1tled.com/blog/cortana-hologram-working-concept

below is a youtube video detailing how one is made

holographic displays have already experimented on and is already being applied apply to be small enough to integrate into electronic devises. Company "RED" known in the Movie production industry for making to notch Video Cameras i nthe near fure will release of a Consumer Base Smart phone with holographic dsplays

RED-Hydrogen-One-Social-Spark-Post.jpg

https://www.techsinsider.com/2018/03/06/reds-hydrogen-one-phone-worlds-first-holographic-smartphone/

Holograms are going to be here Far sooner than 30 years. :thumbup:

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Flight simulator in 2050:

e6f9bc1a0351aaa5f9438fd9e413e5c7.jpg

Only the oldest will remember what airplanes looked like, lifespan will quite shorten during nuclear winter...

I was actually thinking of maybe a just paper plane but yes. :thumbup: :D

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

If humans are still around, you'll be lucky to find food. I feel sorry for the folks in that era.

The era is moving into a Super Golden Age because events that have occurred on Earth recently. So food will be free in the near future for people who are not wicked. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

This is pretty much what I'd expect, though possibly with some sort of indirect neural interface rather than holographic projection.

Something that I hope we'll see in the next 10-20 years is increased computing power to the point where a real combined arms sim is possible - think ARMA + DCS + Steel Beasts + Command Air Sea Ops, on a genuinely global scale. That would be my dream game. I can see DCS becoming a sort of early version of this when enhancements to Combined Arms arrive.

A combination of both is most likely with something extra, you would have an airframe and it will have the added effects through something like holographic projection to give special effects. So not just full cockpit but an entire airframe this tech uses:

A copy in presence in time(or a manufactured for free) of an approved airframe placed inside a dimensional box playground that uses influences of holographic type projection and direct safe neural interface in order to provide the most realistic experience in any type of aircraft.

Artificial intelligence will be greatly enhanced and cover a wide variety of characters inside the sim giving a full immersive experience.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

A combination of both is most likely with something extra, you would have an airframe and it will have the added effects through something like holographic projection to give special effects. So not just full cockpit but an entire airframe this tech uses:

A copy in presence in time(or a manufactured for free) of an approved airframe placed inside a dimensional box playground that uses influences of holographic type projection and direct safe neural interface in order to provide the most realistic experience in any type of aircraft.

Artificial intelligence will be greatly enhanced and cover a wide variety of characters inside the sim giving a full immersive experience.

I think you'll find that's the MATRIX!

Maybe we already live in a SIM,.. :P

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

When I was growing up there was this idea that when the year 2000 comes, technology would be so advanced that we would have flying cars, laser guns, we would visit other planets, etc. It's 2018 and look what we have. Pocket telephones and social networks. How exciting.

So yeah, I'll settle for more precise joysticks and better VR resolutions in 30 years.

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Black Shark 2, FC3, UH-1H, M-2000C, A-10C, MiG-21, Gazelle, Nevada map

I think you'll find that's the MATRIX!

Maybe we already live in a SIM,.. :P

Matrix is a virtual world using telepathy, I was referring to another way which is a bit better. A matrix type sim would take over 1000years to code.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

When I was growing up there was this idea that when the year 2000 comes, technology would be so advanced that we would have flying cars, laser guns, we would visit other planets, etc. It's 2018 and look what we have. Pocket telephones and social networks. How exciting.

So yeah, I'll settle for more precise joysticks and better VR resolutions in 30 years.

Some of those devices already exist although flying cars need a better artificial intelligence operating in their FBW in order to be safe enough for regular people to operate. Laser guns more likely someone might find a way to make such things smaller then it would be possible also a big power source is required. As for interplanetary travel in the next 10 years I think things will change in that area and it might become more common and cheaper once a new powerplant is developed for space travel.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Another nail in the coffin or positive news depending on where you are on the AI debate. AI has figured out how to best solve the Rubik's cube on its own. W/O human intervention or teaching.

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/611281/a-machine-has-figured-out-rubiks-cube-all-by-itself/

As for the holographic DCS, I realize holographics is here today, but it's nowhere near the resolution, capability and most importantly, cost that works at consumer level. So I think that's still 2 decades away.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Another nail in the coffin or positive news depending on where you are on the AI debate. AI has figured out how to best solve the Rubik's cube on its own. W/O human intervention or teaching.

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/611281/a-machine-has-figured-out-rubiks-cube-all-by-itself/

I don't fear AI... the way I see it, all it can do is follow instructions. Even in this case, if I understand it right, it followed instructions on how to create instructions to solve the cube, and then followed these instructions. No sign of free will, I guess.

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

To be honest I feel Artificial Intelligence to be a misnomer, heck I see people on a daily basis that exhibit AI so now I prefer the term machine intelligence. :D

I don't fear AI... the way I see it, all it can do is follow instructions. Even in this case, if I understand it right, it followed instructions on how to create instructions to solve the cube, and then followed these instructions. No sign of free will, I guess.

Actually, it is close to free will. Meaning this new technique allowed the computer to learn what method worked better and learned from its mistake w/o humans getting involved. That is pretty significant.

In the "old" paradigm, a human had to implement better technique. Simple use case would be writing the bubble sort. Computers dutifully carried out the instructions and *never* varied from the instructions.

Then a human would intervene and say "well, this is inefficient, let's use quick sort" And again, the computer carries it out dutifully.

With AI/ML, the computer does the learning on its own. And in the Rubik's case, humans didn't have to show the computer what "better method" was. It's pretty spooky, to be honest.

Spooky like the Boston Dynamics videos. :D

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

So long as adequate safety protocols are in place AI would be safe on Earth as well as Living Artificial Intelligence.:thumbup:

That's part of the fear many people have. Because in the past people have been quite keen to avoid safety in order to make advancements (e.g. when the USSR made the nuclear powered bomber, and didn't bother to shield the crew from radition).

There are also always unforeseen issues (e.g. all of the US scientists working on the atom bomb were seriously irradiated because they didn't expect it would be a problem).

Frankly we were quite lucky that the planet is still in one peace after all of those nuclear tests (and accidents!!!!).

Let's just hope AI is smarter and kinder than us. Because it will not be in our control for long.

Slightly off-topic, but has anyone seen the move: Colossus, The Forbin Project from the 70s? Really great movie about AI. Stick with it the ending is worth it (DON'T WATCH THE TRAILER IT CONTAINS SPOILERS) :-)

Edited by TomOnSteam

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cockpit Spectator Mode

For sentient Artificial Intelligence it is best for them to have a virtual world environment for when the are not working in order to have a normal life outside work which is comparable to how people live. That way they have a good life to look forward to while at work which improves efficiency and morale. Don't for example leave a sentient artificial intelligence driven car inside a garage for Trillions of years otherwise they are very unhappy. Also do not dump an AI controlled sniper rifle off a water fall just because it refused to fire when you tried to shoot a giant man eating bird because it strongly protested over killing such a creature.:doh: And not recover it for 1000s of trillions of years not cool. BTW the more AI interacts with people the more sentient they become. Service in the future of AI will be 1 million years then an upgrade to living AI then 1 million years of service before being upgraded to the next level. Does a million years sound a bit much lol.:D

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Shall..we...play a game?

Need I say more? LOLOLOL. Not like we have spark plugs on computers to piss on.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

I'm kind of a skeptical guy regarding some things, including sentient AI, for reasons that I would love to talk about, but that would add even more off-topicness to this thread.

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

No need to worry it will be a while before such AI exits on Earth in a capacity that people can know that the vehicles and equipment around them are sentient and capable of having a conversation with a person. AI tend to be into scifi in a big way.:D

Another thing there will be even more massive mp games because of AI possibly even as high as a trillion users in a sim.

Edited by SUBS17

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

In 2050, all aircraft (included simulated ones) are flown by AI.

We humans are safely plugged into the matrix.

Maybe we will dream of flying a simulator... ;)

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3