Image File For the Forums

I created an image using Paint from windows to highlight some areas on the Caucasus map as part of a briefing for one of my missions. Only images of 50000 characters are allowed which is the note I receive every time I try to drag the image to the thread I'm posting (not using "add attachment"). No matter to what type of a file and size I convert the image to it still doesn't go below 50000. Any idea how that's done?

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

(not using "add attachment")

Hrm, maybe try adding it as attachment then?

I think, the 50K limit applies to the posting length in total (text + formatting) and if you just drag a file in there, the browser just tries to put all the bytes into the posting as text (which would not help you at all, even if it worked).

There are restrictions as of how much space you can use for your attachments (for your whole user account here on the forums), but that should suffice for quite a few larg(ish) files like pictures. I just checked my account: I am using 34 MB and I still have more than half of the available space free. Looks that every forum user may use up to about 100 MB or so.

If I'd just attach the images they will end up attached to the thread I'm posting down below while I'd rather explain something in the briefing and have a picture right below it. I mean, I've seen many users do it while posting many big images. There must be a way...

Check out for example this thread here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3361306#post3361306

Edited by Alpenwolf

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Use 3rd party image hosting instead

imgur etc

I did. Ain't working either. Unless I'm doing it wrong. Don't think so.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

if you want to add image inline

[ATTACH]186486[/ATTACH]

this is how

That's through adding attachments which is what I prefer not to do actually. But thanks for the help!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Ok, I got it!

I added the image through "add attachment" first. Save.

Then I pressed "edit" again and dragged the attached file to a free space in the post. That generated automatically a link for the image. Save.

Then I opened that image in a new window (not tab).

Back to the post, clicked "edit" again, dragged the image from the new opened window containing the image to my post. Saved.

DONE!

Very weird... But it works that way!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments