Speed question.

dundun92

So... I decided to try DCS 1.5 anyway, and it ran surprisingly fast on 4v4 AI vs AI dogfights (20+FPS, but everything graphics related was on "low" or "off", meaning not even shadows). Here is the question: would a plane with you in command run the game slower than if the AI was in command?

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

So... I decided to try DCS 1.5 anyway, and it ran surprisingly fast on 4v4 AI vs AI dogfights (20+FPS, but everything graphics related was on "low" or "off", meaning not even shadows). Here is the question: would a plane with you in command run the game slower than if the AI was in command?

Instead of asking someone else on the Internet, why not just try it and see? You already have it installed on your computer.

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

Instead of asking someone else on the Internet, why not just try it and see? You already have it installed on your computer.

AD

Would the FC3 F-15 run slower than the built-in Su-25?(and, I haven't purchased any modules)

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

Would the FC3 F-15 run slower than the built-in Su-25?(and, I haven't purchased any modules)

ignore the smart a$$ comment haha (get it? donkey?)

nope the F-15 should be about the same as Su-25t (both non-clickable cockpits). however the full fidelity modules may run slower as there's a lot more going on under the hood, as well as graphically

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules