Please put the prop back

ramjet77

Can we please have a propeller back sooner rather than later?

The spit prop looks awesome and the mustang looks........ missing!

I just do not want to fly it without the prop animations, it's an immersion killer.

Neither is correct , the p51 is too invisible not enough light glinting off it from different angles , the spit prop is make believe , far too visible , once a prop is above about 1000rpm they a more or less invisible , thats why they a lethal to ground staff, in fact now that I think about it they are still dangerous even when the engine is not running , believe me i have the scars on my forehead to prove it:thumbup:

[sIGPIC]picture.php?albumid=1526&pictureid=9861[/sIGPIC]

Well thanks for the correction, I guess 19 years of flying real aircraft is not good enough to know what a propeller looks like......

The point is the propeller on the P51 needs updating, it used to be ok but I think an update changed it, many further updates have come since but it's not been corrected either for light, glimmer or anything else that it might be down to.

Yes the Spit prop is a bit excessive l'll consent to that but I still like it.

Well thanks for the correction, I guess 19 years of flying real aircraft is not good enough to know what a propeller looks like......

The point is the propeller on the P51 needs updating, it used to be ok but I think an update changed it, many further updates have come since but it's not been corrected either for light, glimmer or anything else that it might be down to.

Yes the Spit prop is a bit excessive l'll consent to that but I still like it.

I doubt it.

[sIGPIC]picture.php?albumid=1526&pictureid=9861[/sIGPIC]

If you fly directly away from the sun, you can see the shadow of your Spitfire in the propeller disc. That should not happen.

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

Firstly I'd like to acknowledge a warn symbol in my profile. If the tone of a post or the content of that post has upset somebody or broken forum rules I apologise.

VinnieJones, I've not noticed the shadow, I'm going to look for that later.

Personally I like the Spit prop at lower RPM and how the blade angle is seen in external views but do agree with jafa's post regarding light and glimmer, perhaps if the Spit got toned down and the P51 up then it would be a good compromise. Hopefully a fix will come.

My experience flying 2,3 and 4 blade props made from different materials, colours and with different markings all influence the view out of the front window.

Edited by ramjet77
Spelling

Watching the latest Normandy teaser from Wags, I got impression that Spit's prop has been toned down a little bit indeed, though it might be result of lighting conditions in that video.

Soon we'll find out anyway.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Firstly I'd like to acknowledge a warn symbol in my profile. If the tone of a post or the content of that post has upset somebody or broken forum rules I apologise.

VinnieJones, I've not noticed the shadow, I'm going to look for that later.

Personally I like the Spit prop at lower RPM and how the blade angle is seen in external views but do agree with jafa's post regarding light and glimmer, perhaps if the Spit got toned down and the P51 up then it would be a good compromise. Hopefully a fix will come.

My experience flying 2,3 and 4 blade props made from different materials, colours and with different markings all influence the view out of the front window.

Be sure you lower the nose a bit, since the sun is higher than the Spit.

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.