External Cockpit Sounds Issue/Exploit

Krupi

External Cockpit Sounds Issue/Exploit  

31 members have voted

1. 1. External Cockpit Sounds Issue/Exploit

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care

Firstly, yes I know I am dragging up another age old argument, sorry SiThSpAwN!!!

I hope this will be fixed in 2.0 however in the current state I can quite clearly hear aircraft trying to sneak up on my six and I am sure others can hear me attempting to do the same to them!

Can you really hear the sound of another aircrafts engine over the sound of the engine you are sitting directly behind?

I think not! What do you think?

P.S.

It might not be so prounced to others as personally I have in cockpit sounds turned down for when I use Teamspeak (I find it hard to hear otherwise) if that is the case the dual slide option internal/external Sounds is flawed and can be exploited :(

Edited by Krupi

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

• 2 weeks later...

Voted no.

Sound intensity is proportional to 1/r^2, where r is the distance from the source. Obviously, then, my own engine's sound intensity is exponentially greater than another's.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria