Razbam DCS MiG-19P Development Update #2

OverStratos

yes, that's fine. substituting it to mock a 19s in a vietnam-esque scenario is fine.

but putting forth an argument trying to leverage vietnam as justification is not valid because its not factually true.

Everybody have the right to think different. The job that made the Vietnamese with Mig-19 Chinese version was very appreciated by the Vietnam pilots, only the arrival of the more capable and faster Mig-21 was the reason for the Vietnamese to start a new training program for the new Soviet fighter. Some Mig-21 ACEs were able to get victories with Mig-19 too.

You are awaiting Mig-19 because the Middle East wars, others appreciate more the Vietnam war. Let the people Want and think what they want.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's all well and good. However if we're dealing with facts, it's pretty moot isn't it.

The version of MiG-19 we're getting has nothing to do with Viet Nam. End of story. To try and use a non-existent link between an aircraft and a particular time in history is nonsense.

However, whatever period you choose to emulate in your own time is of course entirely up to you. Just don't expect a whole map to materialise on the strength of fantasies - that's for the likes of Warcraft!

The version of MiG-19 we're getting has nothing to do with Viet Nam. End of story.

You always can try to convince the red pilots to not take the Mig-19P version, awaiting in spectator room of every server. That will be the real End of the story.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Mig-19/J-6 is one which defected to the ROC from the PRC by a pilot named Fan Yuanye who landed at Tainan AB. The Mig-19 was then studied by the ROC as shown in the picture as it is flying alongside a F-5F from Taiwan's aggressor squadron the 45th TFS, who used defected aircraft, alongside with knowledge from the defected pilots to imitate PLAAF tactics and aircraft just like aggressor squadrons in the US.

Dramatic photo and history, appreciate !!!

mig-19p is not mig-19s, and is representative of neither vietnam nor 6day war where the lighter, radarless 19s were used.

how people can remain so willfully ignorant of fundamentals of subjects they so profess to be interested in is really beyond me

i can only conclude you guys are far less interested in aircraft than you are in fulfilling a personal powertrip fantasy

one of the developers was quoted at some point as saying it 19P saw used in the 6 day war.

In any case we have no choice but to make compromises of reality to a certain extent, given nearly none of the aircraft in DCS ideally fit into any historical scenario. Thats certainly no fault of the player. They don't make the modules.

P51D is a post Normandy version. Bf109 K4 was not around yet during the Normandy invasion. Mig21BIS did not see use in Vietnam, F/A18C is not suitable for Gulf war scenario because it is a mid 2000s version, and OFC NAtO never got military involved in 2008 Invasion of Georgia.

As the old saying goes "don't hate the player, hate the game".

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Let’s see. You wanna make believe the people The Chinese copy is not a Mig-19? Of course you can’t have every version of a specific aircraft. You restrict the weapons for the red side and you get a closer Vietnam aircraft.

The 19P still has a radar . and 1 less gun.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

one of the developers was quoted at some point as saying it 19P saw used in the 6 day war.

if that is true, it is news to me

i hope this is not the post you are referring to?

In 1962, Egyptian MiG-19s saw some action in the ground-attack role during the civil war in Yemen during the early 1960s. The first reported air combat in the Mideast with the MiG-19 was on 29 November 1966, when two Egyptian MiG-19 fighters battled Israeli Mirage IIICs. The Israelis claimed two kills and no losses. Around 80 MiG-19s were in service with Egypt during the Six-Day War in 1967, but more than half were destroyed on the ground during the opening Israeli airstrikes of Operation Focus. Israeli pilots, however, did find the MiG-19 a potentially dangerous adversary because of its performance, maneuverability, and heavy armament.

Following the war, the Egyptians organized the surviving MiG-19 aircraft and assigned them air defense tasks of Egypt's interior. The Soviet Union did not supply Egypt with any replacement of the MiG-19s destroyed in the Six Day War, but Egypt might have received some from Syria and Iraq, so that by the end of 1968 there were 80+ MiG-19s in service with the Egyptian Air Force (EAF). The aircraft also saw combat during the War of Attrition; in one engagement on 19 May 1969, a MiG-19 aircraft engaged two Israeli Mirages, shooting down one with cannon fire while the other escaped.[22] Egypt had around 60 Mig-19s in service during the Yom Kippur War of 1973 in which they served as close air support aircraft.

The Iraqis obtained some MiG-19S fighters in the early 1960s, but later sold them all off (a couple remaining in local museums), though the survivors did see some action against the Kurds in the 1960s. It is claimed that the Iranians acquired a batch of their own F-6s.

Source Wikipedia

• Like 1

Hello all,

Sorry for taking some time to post some updates here.

The MiG-19P was only used by Warsaw Pact countries and Cuba. China developed a copy named J-6A but it was not too sucessful as I´ve been told. If we compare it with the MiG-19S it will only lose in top speed because of the radar nose, but most of all flight parameters are almost equal, including very good climbing and acceleration characteristics. Also, the MiG-19P will behave better than the MiG-19S at altitude because of a more refined FCS. More maneuverable and energetic than a MiG-21F-13 or PF, losing only to them, again, in top speed and operational ceiling.

The MiG-19P was never used in any War.

With the MiG-19P vs the S you will gain the ability to search for targets within about 11km(above 2000m), the radar is able to tell you if the target is below, above or at your flight level. You don´t need visual contact with the target, so you can engage aircraft at night or inside clouds, thanks to a target indicator present in the gunsight. It has a quite good computed gunning solution, so you don´t need to predict the lead by yourself, and of course you can always use the manual method like in the MiG-15 or MiG-21. You also have access to R-3S heatseakers, which are not available to MiG-19S. All those reasons, and a few more, are why I always had a MiG-19P in mind for a long time, because most of the features you later saw on 3rd and 4th generation supersonic combat aircraft, started there and you will be able to chech them and tell me if you agree with me or not once it´s ready.

Talking about armament, it has some limited ground pounding ability, using bombs and rockets. I this case, as its ground aiming methods are quite basic, it will only use dive bombing or low level retarded fuse bombs, which will not let you use external tanks as the bombs are mounted at the same pylons. On the rockets side you have a few more options, with several types of ARS-57 rockets(later know as C-5), being accumulative(hollow charges), fragmentation and signaling ones.

We are taking the time to make everything as real as it was, aircraft model, cockpit model, paint, Flight Model, etc... It will not have weapons or capabilites that it never used, and that includes those used in test aircraft, like in-flight refueling, zero leght takeoff, etc.

I did take the license of putting some cockpit switches and instruments slightly in a more accesible position for gameplay purposes, but feel free to tell me if you think this is good or not. In reality you will hardly notice it when comparing with the real cockpit.

See you soon for more updates on this.

Edited by OverStratos

About the RWR we have taken the desition to leave it to mision creators (as an option) as the MiG-19P do not have them at first, but was later added in service to some aircraft.

The RWR is the first simple tail only one (SPO-2), that will give visual (two lamps) and audible warnings whetever another aircraft is locking you from behind.

Thanks a lot for the update ... I love older jets, so this will be a day-one purchase for me ... tough I would have liked it more if it were a Hawker Hunter instead ... well, maybe in the future you might select it for development :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

thanks for the update, and the explaining the reasoning of your choice. The 19P will certainly be more flexible and capable than a 19S even if it didn't partake in any actual conflict.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

hmmm "Учебный" - "Training". :huh:

I'm not an expert on Mig19. It seems to me that the sight of the "combat aircraft" will not have the inscription "Training":huh:

Sorry for my bad english

You're right, I guess it shouldn't say Training on combat gear...

asp5.jpg

hmmm "Учебный" - "Training". :huh:

I'm not an expert on Mig19. It seems to me that the sight of the "combat aircraft" will not have the inscription "Training":huh:

Sorry for my bad english

Doesn't matter how it is called. I want to sit behind this thing :joystick: :smilewink:

Damn, I´m busted...:lol:

Well, that was fast, don´t worry people, the sight will not have that label...:thumbup:

Hey, I thought trolling us with little details was HB's thing! :D

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

"Hey, I thought trolling us with little details was HB's thing!"

Wait, I just saw another post where you flamed a guy for asking about a Falklands map and you took a shot across his bow saying that it wouldn't matter because it was the wrong plane variants.....clearly you don't believe it is just HB's thing lol.

I did take the license of putting some cockpit switches and instruments slightly in a more accesible position for gameplay purposes, but feel free to tell me if you think this is good or not. In reality you will hardly notice it when comparing with the real cockpit.

You will get a bug report on day one saying they're in the wrong position, and probably much gnashing of teeth for that decision once someone cracks out a cockpit schematic.

See you soon for more updates on this.

No thank you from me. If people really need to access those controls they will simply bind them to HOTAS, none of us have a shortage of buttons.