iControl DCS - Android - interest check

iControl DCS - Android - interest check  

229 members have voted

1. 1. iControl DCS - Android - interest check

• Yes
    • No

very well :)

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

:thumbup: Thx for working on an android version. Will it be available on phones also?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |

Certainly interested in this! Is it pretty much portable from the iPad or do you have to remake everything?

i7 2600K | ASUS 6950 | 16GB RAM | 120GB Sata3 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

Master Arms - A Swedish Combat Flight Simulator Community

We are looking for members!

http://www.masterarms.se

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys, I realize there is interest in an interest, unfortunately I don't have the time to deal with the sub-par Android development environment and the effort required to make the port.

If you want Control DCS on a non-Apple tablet keep your eyes open for the Windows Store App version that'll be coming soon for Surface and other Windows 8 tablet/PCs!

I suppose it'd be a good idea to lock this thread if someone can make that happen.

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

A10 Virtual Cockpit Free - Free limited functionality version of iControl DCS!

DCS Virtual Cockpit - Android version!

Follow on Twitter for all the latest news

• 6 months later...
I suppose the devs haven't worked on this at all have they?

Officially - Nothing to announce.

Unofficially - I'm working on something, it's very very slow going, so don't hold your breath.

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

This sucks, I'm not buying an overpriced piece of shiny plastic for this app. Someone give us an Android version. :cry:

I don't have the time to deal with the sub-par Android development environment

http://www.forbes.com/sites/toddhixon/2013/05/14/why-android-is-winning-the-tablet-wars/

" true potential of tablet computing will emerge only if we let all the flowers bloom."

:lol::megalol::pilotfly:

Edited by Fuby

Sorry guys, I realize there is interest in an interest, unfortunately I don't have the time to deal with the sub-par Android development environment and the effort required to make the port.

If you want Control DCS on a non-Apple tablet keep your eyes open for the Windows Store App version that'll be coming soon for Surface and other Windows 8 tablet/PCs!

I suppose it'd be a good idea to lock this thread if someone can make that happen.

I'm never going to own an iPad, or a Windows 8 tablet or touchscreen PC. That's too bad, this had such potential.

In Q4 2012 Apples market share on the tablet market dropped below 50%.

(btw. in Q2 Apple stated, this would not happen before 2016...)

So, it's definitely worth looking beyond the Apple horizon.

And competitors aren't sleeping ;)

http://touchpilot.com/touch-pilot-one/

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

• 4 weeks later...

Here's a teaser for you all.

Still no promises that this will ever see the light of day, but things are looking up!

Android all the way !!!!!!....

oimg_zpsdca6b599.png

ANdroid_zps4b99e42b.jpg

Edited by Gunnergolly

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.

I own Nexus 7 tablet and will buy another two tablets as such if this app is pro for Android.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

I'm going to need a few beta testers soonish.

I think I'm going to plan on launching this without the full feature set that the iPad app has to get the ball rolling.

Will probably just do MFCDs, CDU, and UFC. Basically most of the stuff that doesn't involve swtiches or knobs :)

To start I think this is only going to support tablets, but we'll see. I don't have an android phone device to test on so it's difficult to know if things will work on a small screen. Emulators can't really show you how easy or hard it is to actually hit a touch target.

If you're interested in beta testing let me know including what kind of device you have and what version of Android it's running.