[NEED TRACK REPLAY]Wave Animation depending on camera speed

razo+r

• ED Team

Hi Razo+r

I am seeing different on my machine, can you attach a short track replay so I can view what you are doing to be sure.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
I haven't been able to reproduce this in single player, but it happened again in a rather big multiplayer mission.

I hope this track is okay.

Thank you for the effort, it did not seem the same for me, I will test myself in MP also

thank you for the new information.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...
Thank you for the effort, it did not seem the same for me, I will test myself in MP also

thank you for the new information.

I am not sure if you've been able to duplicate this issue yet; however, I am consistently noticing this problem while flying around along the coastline. I am using TrackIR, and when the camera is moving with my head as I look along the shoreline, these waves are going absolutely crazy -- even faster than the OP's image. I'll try to post a video and track later today after I get home from work.

I am not sure if you've been able to duplicate this issue yet; however, I am consistently noticing this problem while flying around along the coastline. I am using TrackIR, and when the camera is moving with my head as I look along the shoreline, these waves are going absolutely crazy -- even faster than the OP's image. I'll try to post a video and track later today after I get home from work.

I did a few tests at work and found that I can duplicate this problem when I set the weather in the mission editor from static to dynamic, click the generate button, then play the mission. As long as there are big waves on the shoreline, you should see this problem occur. That being said, I haven't been able to try testing this yet using static weather with high wind values.

Hope that helps!

EDIT:

I was able to test this using static weather with 25 kt winds. The waves seem to behave as expected as seen in this short video:

As noted above, once I change the weather to dynamic in the mission editor, the waves all of a sudden behave erratically:

Edited by Total Khaos
New testing results