Ability to disable automatic field of view change at aircraft start up

Dunravin

As the title says, I wish for the ability to disable the default 3 second FOV / zoom behaviour when entering an A/C.

I have default head positions and snap views set to my preference.

When entering a aircraft I have to wait for the default zoom to finish then hit number pad enter to snap to my saved 'default' view.

Why? What is the purpose of this zooming? No other flight sim does it to my knowledge so I would like to know how it made it into DCS if anyone has some back story.

I would prefer to get in the cockpit and have the view set where I set it and not have to go through the visual warp.

Thanks

The FALSE is real, but it's not THRUTH right?

Intel i7 8700K OC4.4GHz | 16GB | GTX1080Ti | Logitech G940 | TrackIR5 |

I read that this is there to prevent the game from loading too much of the view and objects all at once. Whether that makes sense anymore or if it's really correct I have no idea...

It really doesn't bother me personally.

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

I read that this is there to prevent the game from loading too much of the view and objects all at once. Whether that makes sense anymore or if it's really correct I have no idea...

It really doesn't bother me personally.

That would make sense except it goes from normal FoV to crazy absurd fisheye view. I think pretty much all of us would prefer it start at normal view and then simply stay there.

That would make sense except it goes from normal FoV to crazy absurd fisheye view. I think pretty much all of us would prefer it start at normal view and then simply stay there.

Yeah the crazy wide is bad. You can limit it in the responses menu if you're using an axis for the zoom.

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Is it still there in the 2.0 open alpha?

It might be only a few seconds, but especially when training takeoffs or landing I respawn a lot. Having to wait and then readjust zoom each times is really annoying.

So please, give us an option to disable the slow zoomout.

Callsign "Lion"

I thought ED acknowledged we all hated this and were going to remove it.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

+1

For a seemingly benign "feature" it is surprisingly annoying and completely useless.

I imagine this would be trivial to remove but relegated to the bigger-fish-to-fry-havent-got-around-to-it list.

Would love to see this irritation nixed sooner than later.

3570K w/ 16GB, 1070 w/ 8GB @ 1440p, VKB Gunfighter/MCG-Pro & T-Rudder Mk.IV, CH ProThrottle, TrackIR 5, HTC Vive, UniversRadio, VoiceAttack, TacView Pro, DCS Menu Nav

F/A-18C, F-5E, F-86F, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Ka-50, SA342, P-51D, Spitfire Mk.IX, Bf109, Fw190, FC3, CA, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, WW2 Assets

I agree it is irritating and I would certainly prefer it not even do this.

Just in case anyone is not aware, you can stop the slow zoom out once it starts - hit your zoom key/button and the movement stops.

This is what I do, to at least keep from waiting for it to move all the way back before adjusting my cockpit view.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

As the title says, I wish for the ability to disable the default 3 second FOV / zoom behaviour when entering an A/C.

I have default head positions and snap views set to my preference.

When entering a aircraft I have to wait for the default zoom to finish then hit number pad enter to snap to my saved 'default' view.

Why? What is the purpose of this zooming? No other flight sim does it to my knowledge so I would like to know how it made it into DCS if anyone has some back story.

I would prefer to get in the cockpit and have the view set where I set it and not have to go through the visual warp.

Thanks

Very important idea! This feature is annoying!

Yes, in total agreement - that zooming in thing is an absolute pain - it's irritating even with TrackIR! And it's seriously annoying in missions where the player starts in the air (it can even have deadly consequences in the case of the Hawk's dogfight mission where you start practically merged with a Flanker), and reduces efficiency with the default Su-25T target practice mission as you have to readjust your view whilst at the same time closing the distance to the targets.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.