NAV, STROBE and FORMATION LIGHTS

GumidekCZ

Hi

I love 1.5! But is have still many of bad thinks from previous version. One of them, not very often speak about, is night visibility of aircraft lights. Including strobe lights, navigation lights and formation lights. First two of these are mounted on aircraft only for purpose of safety and situational awareness around aircraft mainly at dawn, night and dusk. In DCS now you can see these lights only at distance about 2 miles may be less (1920x1200,AA8x). So MP games at night are still VERY DANGEROUS even if you have all your lights ON. You almost have to crash into your wingman to recognize his position. You can see very tiny stars on night sky, but important lights which can save your live, almost NO. I think, there is still nothing in preparation phase for ver 2.0 which could improve visibility distance of these lights. So I decided to write this here.

PS: why the F-15 lost his anti-collision red lights? Before, it was connected wrong with landing lights instead of NAV lights, but now, they are gone completely.

"These red lights designed to prevent collision of aircraft at night or under low visibility conditions. There are three of them: two on the wingroots (one on the leading edge of each wings just outboard of the air intakes) and one on the tip of the right vertical tail fin. Anti-collision lights are blinking when operating (they are blinking in unison, regulated by the same flasher unit), but can be turned off by the pilot."

Edited by GumidekCZ

What? Wow, nice. The next feature I have to test ... :)

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

LANDING/TAXI LIGHTS

I agree with my honored colleague.

Also, I'd like to focus the developers to the persistent problem of landing and taxi lights. From what I noticed, the only aircraft which has them set right is the A-10C (there may be others as well, but I do not own them, thus not able to test).

The point is that taxi lights are supposed to illuminate directly ahead to assist the pilot during taxi procedures - being more or less aligned with plane's X axis.

BUT landing lights direction is adjusted DOWNWARDS to assist the pilot during landing, which means they are set in following manner:

Since the normal glide slope is 3 degrees, the lights are normally adjusted by formula Landing AOA - 3 deg.

ED, please, correct this ASAP, so we guys trying to land the F-15C at night would have our lives much more pleasant. Thank you in advance! :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

When will F-15C have landing/taxi lights as an option, in options menu ? Is there a way like with the "Trim reset" option, that can be put back into the default .lua file in C:/ Program Files/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World/Mods/Aircraft/F-15C/Input, etc. etc.

Edited by Robertemcsqd
to be more comprehensive with question.