F-4 add on

upyr1

Pave Knife!!

by this point in time the F4 in question would be getting the Pave Spike

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

" but from a business standpoint the Viper makes more sense. It's newer so not only does it fit in with what ED has been building..,"

Well, let's see. MiG-15, F-86, Spitfire, P-51, MiG-21, Yak-52, F-5.....I'm sure we can "fit" the Phantom in there somewhere. Or should I have written, "Phit?" I definately want to see them phit the phabulous phucking Phantom in the phlight sim!

Edited by Ercoupe

" but from a business standpoint the Viper makes more sense. It's newer so not only does it fit in with what ED has been building..,"

Well, let's see. MiG-15, F-86, Spitfire, P-51, MiG-21, Yak-52, F-5.....I'm sure we can "fit" the Phantom in there somewhere. Or sould I have written, "Phit?" I definately want to see them phit the phabulous phucking Phantom in the phlight sim!

If you look at available support asssets ( ww2 excluded most of the ground and other supporting assets range from Late cold war period going into modern day combat. so its correct to say that DCS is still mostly centered for the Modern day period, with exception of ww2 European Theatre. Looking at scenarios/maps , with ww2 Normandy excluded all the other 3 maps are 21st century representations of Caucasus, Nevada, and Persian Gulf. No doubt others era are expanding, but the trend is still what it is.

Both phantom and F16 are slated for development, but its not going to change that the F16 Viper is the first on the list that is coming to DCS based on their developmental Roadmap. The phantom will have its place, but Its understandable why ED ( since BST officiall merged with them) would put F4 on hold, and focus on finishing the hornet, and then developing the F16C.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD