AWACS .. Multi Frequency

Emmy

Ok, so AWACS isn’t perfect, but there are times when it really comes in handy.

But, when you have a sizable mission going on, its sole frequency can get jammed up.

So here’s my idea: Without altering the coverage or the information that it provides, is there any way that AWACS could be given at least one extra frequency (a couple more would be great!) so that different groups with different needs could have AWACS on a discreet channel as if, like in real life, there were multiple controllers on board?

Case in point: As a Warthog pilot, I almost always only want “Bogey Dope” while the guys flying cover are always asking for “Picture” which, when there are multiple groups, can tie up the lone AWACS freq for a bit.

Or, say one group is striking the eastern side of a map while others are striking the western side. Each could have better SA if they had a “dedicated” controller working only their half of the map.

Would something like this be doable?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

I for one would find this really useful

Whilst we're at it, can we have Comms to JTAC from other flight aircraft, for example I and a friend play a mission where we have two target bases and multiple JTAC's but we can't really split formation and act separately as only one can talk to the JTAC

Why not put up two AWACs, operating on different frequencies. Since we don’t pay for the airframe hours or fuel, there is nothing to lose.

That’s the workaround that has been used so far. But considering an E-3 has 10 UHF radios available to the controllers in reality, it’s still a very limiting workaround. With large multi-flight packages it also creates a lot of additional complexity in missions, especially missions with large number of units designed to run for many days.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL