Beginners simpit advice

tea_cypher

Hello all after some advice.

Iam lokking to but together a basic generic simpit and could do with peoples advice, it will be based around a warthog hotas, a pair of couger mfds, rudder peddals, a basic control panel with the u-hid (https://www.arcadeworlduk.com/products/u-hid-full-featured-version-pcb.html) behind the control, and a old 28" monitor i have that i hope to display dials etc on.

I am planning on basing the control panel off the av8 armaments panel with a few etc chucked in.

I am also not sure if i should be using helios or ikarus?

Your thpughts would be really appreciated

Tigersharks thread is gold starting out for tactile panels:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=65998

however it may have some 404's being so old and Tigershark not being around atm?

Ive never used Ikarus but Helios thanks to KaptnZeen is awesome for a second monitor and very user friendly with a large community. You can find his threads here and on the parent input and output forum.

Uhid looks a bit expensive or limited compared to Groovy Game Gear (GGG) or LeoBodnar which are plug and play and easily integrated with Helios.

My advice for a starter panel would be Helios and a Leo Bodnar as you will get awesome advice on here.

If you want to go a little deeper and probably the supported future of DCS the input and output would be DCS Bios with Helios. My apologies for Ikarus as I havnt used it.

Edited by Mr_Burns

No thanks for your advise, i did look at dcs bios and adrino but as i fly the av8 most its not supportes yet, and i dont have the skills in coding or time to learn, what i like abput u-hid is its relative plug and play, but i will look at the otger things you have mentioned