Synthetic Runway

Slydog486

5 hours ago, cloudkake said:

just thought i'd bump this a whole 4 and a half years later. I'm amazed this awesome feature was just left unfinished like this... Have Razbam just given up on this function?

EDIT:  is this finally it coming in the 2.7 update? 

Improved: Synthetic Runway created from ILS data and CP/PD info instead of mission editor

Yes, it's coming with the next update. (From Discord)

Edit: oops, I was late 😋

Screen_210318_170851.png

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

• 2 weeks later...

So what's the procedure now in order to get the synthetic runway to show? Can someone give a step by step guide in how to set it up? Thanks.

i5-11600K CPU, 64GB DDR4 RAM, XFX Speedster MERC319 AMD Radeon 6900 XT, Oculus Quest 2, HP Reverb G2

You need to set:

• CP/PD (will be set automatically for landing waypoints), CP being the TRUE heading of the runway, and PD set to 3.0
  • ILS frequency
  • QFE (given by AI tower but you'll have to convert it in hPa )

following thread will help with QFE and CP

Yes, I've seen both those threads but I'm sorry guys, I still don't see in either of those threads where it explains how it's done. For example, in Chuck's guide it explains in clear steps the process needed to carry out an ILS synthetic runway landing, but I'm assuming that's out of date, so I was wondering how it differs and how it's done now without the mission editor. What's CP/PD?

i5-11600K CPU, 64GB DDR4 RAM, XFX Speedster MERC319 AMD Radeon 6900 XT, Oculus Quest 2, HP Reverb G2

34 minutes ago, AlpineGTA said:

What's CP/PD?

Page 128 in Razbam's Manual lists  the PCN Parameters

In the French cockpit the BUT (goal) section has 3 positions Lat/Long, Alt (Altitude) and CP/PD (Cap vrai de piste / pente désirée au but)

The equivalent English cockpit WPT (waypoint) section labels are Lat/Long, Alt (Altitude) and RH/DS (Runway Heading / Desired Slope).

Edited by Ramsay
  • Like 1

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• 2 months later...
On 4/5/2021 at 7:48 PM, cloudkake said:

just thought i'd bump this a whole 4 and a half years later. I'm amazed this awesome feature was just left unfinished like this... Have Razbam just given up on this function?

EDIT:  is this finally it coming in the 2.7 update? 

Improved: Synthetic Runway created from ILS data and CP/PD info instead of mission editor

Hi ! I confirm this is now implemented, I'm trying to learn it, Chuck's guide have been updated with a new "ILS Landing part", I don't manage to do it all the time but it works !

20210708122520_1.jpg

There is an other thread talking about it : 

Edited by RockMyRoot

• 2 years later...

Is there somewhere data for the airfields on the Syria map, for example Akrotiri?

Also, I guess the synthetic RWY is just displayed if the ILS is active, correct?
I set up everything to my best knowledge, for Akrotiri:

Position that is displayed in the info box when you click the F10 map airfield symbol
287,0° QFU and 3° glide path
109,70 for the ILS, set to ON
APP mode, SYS cmd sw AFT

No luck. But I also didn't get any ILS indications anyways.
There is still this issue that sometimes RWY is inverted in use or the ILS is only active from a certain windspeed or something

Alias in Discord: Mailman

• 2 weeks later...

If you don't have working ILS needles on the ADI, that's either because it's not available on this runway, you are using a wrong frequency, or the map has a bug. You can't have a synthetic runway if the basic ILS needles don't show you receive ILS beams.

• 3 weeks later...