How to set buildings as targets

Mr_Burns

As per the title, I have noticed a few buildings on the map now have symbols attached to them, such as a fuel yard near an airport.

Is there a way to set these as a target and how do I trigger a mission win on their destruction?

I also want to set a mission where a convoy enters a building and it triggers an observer to read out the position and say some stuff?

Thanks

Place a trigger zone over the building you intend to use as your target.

Download MiST and use a DO SCRIPT FILE command to load it into your mission.

Use the following code to set, as an example, flag 1 on when the building in the "target1" zone is dead.

mist.flagFunc.mapobjs_dead_zones{  
  zones = {'target1'},  
  flag = 1
}

almost... make sure your zone surrounds only the building you want to check for destruction - i cant tell if it does that from your screen shot...

i *think* the second trigger in your example should be a continuous trigger like this:

CONT>ACTION(Doscript: mist.flagFunc.mapobjs_dead_zones.....) *** NOTE leave the conditions part of this trigger blank.

Then add a third trigger that recognizes Flag 1 was set true in your MIST function like this:

ONCE -> FLag is true (1) ->Message to all "Mission success"

ref here - https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=120813&highlight=map+objects+MIST

Edited by dooom

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

You can try the DCS User Manual method:

"Unlike the Attack Map Object Task, the Attack Coordinate Task will set the AI to attack

the specific point on the map and not the closest map object in the vicinity. In other

words, if you place the target point over an empty piece of dirt, the AI will attempt to

deliver weapons onto this particular point.

"

https://srv0files.eagle.ru/dcs/manuals/DCS_User_Manual_EN.pdf

page 158

DCS 2.5.3.21708. I have been unable to persuade F/A-18C AI to attack ground objects using any of the advanced waypoint options. When ordered to attack mission target they invariably reply with gusto, then proceed to fly around willy-nilly and totally useless. Reporting their cowardly and unhelpful behavior to squadron leadership has no apparent effect.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 9/22/2018 at 3:20 AM, joca133 said:

Not an expert, but what I do is put a small group of enemy infantry (aaa, sam, soldiers, etc) on top of the building or very close to it and make the trigger based on their destruction. Easy and it works, including for jtac laser targeting.

Looks like a simple and easy way to do this.

Intel i9 13900K | RTX4090 | 64 Gb DDR4 3600 CL18 | 2Tb PCIe4.0 | Varjo Aero | Pico 4 on WIFI6e | Virtual Desktop running VDXR