F-18 SU-33 bundle

Coxy_99

I get the bundle great idea in a good map (Lots of sea) BUT whats the point? You cant AAR in the SU-33, And you cant spawn on the carrier, Knowing these bugs are present i wouldnt bother with such a pack :noexpression:

Edit: These bugs have been moved to stable?

Edited by Coxy_99

AAR is pretty important on 1 or 2 servers (Flight time is long) And when your fully loaded and 4 tons of fuel you need to tank up, I myself reported the issue over a week ago. And a vid to go with it, Then theres spawning no word on it, I cant see how they could move it to (Stable) Unless its fixed but no mention in the patch notes.

Let me just say my personal opinion. I understand those two features are important for you, even more if need it to fly in your server. I just think you still can fight with Su-33 from airfield or just make refueling in a closer friendly airfield. Just let’s see if they are tweaking a bit the refueling feature as well is known the new aircraft carrier is coming

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I get the bundle great idea in a good map (Lots of sea) BUT whats the point? You cant AAR in the SU-33, And you cant spawn on the carrier, Knowing these bugs are present i wouldnt bother with such a pack :noexpression:

Edit: These bugs have been moved to stable?

You can't AAR in the SU-33
Yeah you can, what? I was doing it earlier.

The carrier bug, yeah. I can see that, but I thought they fixed parking spots for the Kuznetsov, as well?

The biggest difference between the two aircraft is the fact that the Hornet is a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better Multirole fighter; as well as the fidelity between them. The Hornet flies like a dream with well-modeled FBW, and the Sukoi fights you constantly with a FBW that has to be trimmed constantly(No clue if this is accurate or not). The Hornet has a range of precision weapons and a very accurate CCRP system, and the SU-33 has some dumb bombs, some good rocket pods, and a meh-tier CCRP delivery system. The Hornet has a 100% accurately modeled damage, stress, and loading system and the SU-33 falls apart like balsa wood if you enter a steady dive with it overloaded. The Hornet has some of the best air superiority weapons in the game and the Alamo in its current state can barely go toe-to-toe with the Sparrow. The Hornet lands accurately, and has an entire system dedicated to carrier ops in the Stennis, and the Kuznetsov is.. the Kuznetsov. Bugs and all (I'm not even sure they made that elevator along the trailing edge solid, yet. You used to fall right through it).

All in all the biggest difference is the quality between the modules, to be expected with the difference between full fidelity and FC3 minus the bugs. I imagine they group them together because they're technically supposed to be rivals. The SU-33 is theoretically supposed to go toe-to-toe in the multirole space with the F/A-18C. However, that doesn't take into account the bugs and general inconsistencies that the poor Sea Flanker suffers from that cripple it in the long run for anyone seriously trying to use it for the same roles. I would like to see a complete re-work of the Sea Flanker in the future just to fix the issues it was suffering and maybe address some of the problems people have reported with its low loading thresholds and the fact that it has a strengthened frame but seems structurally weaker than the J-11A.

I think the idea of the pack in general is to give a redfor plane and an equivalent blufor plane (in theory, if you ignore aforementioned issues).

Is this a multiplayer bug? Cause in single player, I did an AAR like a week ago in the 33.

I was AAR in multiplayer earlier.

Edited by Auditor

It maybe fixed in this weeks patch? I tried ladt week in MP with no luck i even streamed it in the end i ended up mounting the il78 tail and shoot8ng it down ill try today and report back imaybe its server side 104ths server its a good place to test things.

Edit: Yes MP bug but if these things are broken and your selling a pack it would be di heartening for a customer who cant start on a carrier wouldnt it? Like no response on the spawn bug at all.

Edited by Coxy_99

It maybe fixed in this weeks patch? I tried ladt week in MP with no luck i even streamed it in the end i ended up mounting the il78 tail and shoot8ng it down ill try today and report back imaybe its server side 104ths server its a good place to test things.

Edit: Yes MP bug but if these things are broken and your selling a pack it would be di heartening for a customer who cant start on a carrier wouldnt it? Like no response on the spawn bug at all.

Could I get a link to the stream where you attempted it? If it's saved, I mean.

I tried AAR in the 107th server and it worked just fine for me, this was in 2.5.3. However, it still has the problem that I'm not entirely sure is accurate with sloth-like refueling times.

This reminds me of another bug that was driving me up the wall: The AI air traffic control of the Kuznetsov (and the Stennis) will scream and moan if you try to taxi while on the deck. By that I mean they will both constantly try to make a call to you on the ATC frequency about taxiing to runway and both get stuck in a loop. It's worse in the SU-33 because you can't tune out the Kuznetsov using your radios in the SU-33 like you can in the Hornet, and since it's a direct call; you can't turn him off by only selecting player communications.

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds like a bad move from the part of ED to bundle it - new players spend big bucks, then get greeted by bugs, incomplete features, balance/realism issues - not a good first impression of DCS.

Seems to be listed as Early Access in the ED store though (too bad Steam doesn't have that option for DLC?).

I guess not worth the bucks with MAC just around the corner :huh:

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

Sounds like a bad move from the part of ED to bundle it - new players spend big bucks, then get greeted by bugs, incomplete features, balance/realism issues - not a good first impression of DCS.

Seems to be listed as Early Access in the ED store though (too bad Steam doesn't have that option for DLC?).

I guess not worth the bucks with MAC just around the corner :huh:

NO, To everything you said expect the most important part of this bundle, Spawning on the carrier. Thats what everyone wants to do, Yet we have no fix thats all. Ive not AAR in a long time so i guess its fixed.