Radio presets for different maps

DayGlow

It's an issue for both the Mirage and Harrier, the real presets don't change fit the map, they are always set to the Caucasus airports. Will this be updated on the future?

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

Presets can be changed in the mission designer when the aircraft is added.

(JTF-1) Yomo | 55th FS

JTF-1 Discord

Asus Prime Z370 MB // Intel i7 8086k @ 5GHz // 32GB DDR4 3200 // RTX 2080ti // Virpil FSSB3 Lighting, Cougar Throttle with USB mod, T-50 Base + Warthog HOTAS, custom collective // Thrustmaster TPR // Vipergear v2 ICP // 3xCougar MFDs // a bunch of DIY Button Boxes // Oculus Rift

Presets can be changed in the mission designer when the aircraft is added.

Yes, but you have to do that for all a/c you are adding to the mission. Presets do not copy when you copy a group or even a single a/c. This takes a lot of time to edit that could be used making better missions. Not to mention the time spent testing all the frequencies in all the a/c to ensure that you don't have any typos in the presets. This has been a burr under the saddle, particularly for the warbirds and Sabre that are dependent on presets and can't be tuned manually in the cockpit.

I don't think this is a RAZBAM issue but is something ED needs to find a solution for.

Default radio configuration should be defined per terrain. If terrain X, defaults are A B C. If terrain Y, defaults are D E F. If terrain Z, defaults are G H I.

I can't find where the defaults are defined but it looks like they are the same for all terrains.

Whith the hornet when you change the comm frequency of a group, it is automatically filled in the radio preset (radio 1). I wonder if ED couldn’t do the same with ATC when we place the aircraft in a field for takeoff and landing. This is annoying, I agree.

For whatever it is worth, radio presets are preserved when you save and load a Static Template. I spent all weekend creating a unified comm matrix for all my theaters. Now I've saved all of the blue clients, ships, tankers, and AWACS as a static template to load first when making a new mission.

• 1 month later...
For whatever it is worth, radio presets are preserved when you save and load a Static Template. I spent all weekend creating a unified comm matrix for all my theaters. Now I've saved all of the blue clients, ships, tankers, and AWACS as a static template to load first when making a new mission.

Brilliant idea, I had not realized that the radio presets were preserved on the unit templates :)

I will try to implement something similar on my missions :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB