Loadout behavior

Hey, sorry if this is a stupidly obvious question, but....

I've got a Mi-8 on cold start. In the mission editor I can change loadout as desired however I want, but in game right clicking on the hardpoints pops up the menu but the weapons list doesn't pop out to the side, effectively meaning I can't change the loadout.

The presets work, as does the one I created. I thought I had already been messing with this and added the machine guns in mid-mission, but now I can't change anything. I've already checked the settings in the ME and didn't see anything out of place (hardpoints are enabled, for example). Any suggestions what's causing this?

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

If you just get an empty list when you right click the pylons, that means the current location does not have any weapons available that might fit on that pylon. You need to either go into the base/FARP “warehouse” options and set it up, or add a warehouse static, or — for some weapons at least, but not all types of equipment — add in ammo-carrying trucks (usually Ural 375 or the M818).

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

Ok. Next question, I'm doing a ground start in the grass rather than a parking spot. Is that a factor? Because none of the other aircraft have empty lists that I've seen. I'm new to helicopters, sorry. I know the FARP thing is a whole new kettle I've never even messed with.

It's only a factor in that you can set ground starts from anywhere, which obviously means you can be outside the effective range of any of those “warehouse” objects.

Just going by memory, anything inside the 2nm circle of an airport should be in range of, and have access to, that airport's facilities and resources; for pretty much anything else, the range is 200m. If you're parked right on top of a FARP, you'll be in range of it — for the separate warehouse statics and the ammo-carrying ground vehicles, you just have to take out the ruler in the mission editor and measure. :P

Even when in range, you may still end up with nothing because you've messed with the “Full info” popup (that sets warehouse resources), or because it's simply not a friendly airport — they don't hand out bullets to non-friends, for some reason…. If you place an aircraft as start from ramp (cold or hot) or runway, the airport coalition is automatically set to that of the aircraft that is starting there — I'm not entirely sure off the top of my head that this is also true if you pick start from ground. Either way, ensure that the airport/FARP/warehouse/whatever is of the same coalition, and that it actually contains the resources you want.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

Ok, thank you.

However, that doesn't explain why I can still use the pre-made loadouts, whether factory or custom. It's not that I can't equip weapons. I can. It's that I can't change individual hardpoints for some reason. Is this a peculiarity of the Mi-8 or is something wrong? -edit I'm talking about in game, not the mission editor.

No idea. If you can't use one you shouldn't be able to get around it with the other. :D

The presets will obviously be selectable, but they shouldn't do anything. If that's happening, you've got something funky going on.

Solved. Went into editor and moved the helos to parking spaces and it is working normally again. Apparently, the radius stuff you mentioned doesn't apply in all cases, at least it doesn't at Sochi. I was sitting in the grass directly between the runway and the hangars. *shrugs* Whatever, I have guns now, and that's all that really matters :P -edit All bases are set to blue, so that shouldn't be an issue, and I was inside the base perimeter anyway, so I should have "captured" it even if it was.