DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - Page 274 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-25-2020, 01:26 PM   #2731
Raisuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciribob View Post
If you took a screenshot though I'd know what you were referring too

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

NOW I understand the problem we need to solve! Sorry about that!

This is from Chuck's Guide (since I'm at work and it's already nicely labeled)

Raisuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 01:34 PM   #2732
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisuli View Post
NOW I understand the problem we need to solve! Sorry about that!

This is from Chuck's Guide (since I'm at work and it's already nicely labeled)

Thanks, and which Comms knobs are you referring too?

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required!
DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord
Ciribob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 01:44 PM   #2733
Raisuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciribob View Post
Thanks, and which Comms knobs are you referring too?

These are the COM radio volume knobs (again credit goes to Chuck's Guide)

Raisuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 01:51 PM   #2734
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Quote:

Thanks! I'll check. I'm surprised I'm not using the ones on the ufc but might be a combination of both for volume

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required!
DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord
Old 03-28-2020, 11:51 AM   #2735
davidp57

Not sure I get the problem here but on my side the COMM volume knobs on the UFC work well with SRS.

On another subject, is GUARD supposed to work on the F18 with SRS ? I can't make it work.

On the A-10, the following scenario works :
- for client #1, set UHF radio to GUARD (rotate the switch to the GUARD position) and emit a message using just the SRS PTT control that was configured for this radio
- for client #2, set UHF radio to anything else that 243Mhz (the GUARD frequency on UHF)
- client #2 hears client #1 message, the line corresponding to the radio used for this test lights up red in the SRS window

On the F18, the following scenario does not work :
- for client #1, set UHF radio to GUARD (rotate the knob until the channel indicator indicates "G") and emit a message using just the SRS PTT control that was configured for this radio
- for client #2, set UHF radio to anything else that 243Mhz (the GUARD frequency on UHF)
- client #2 hears does not hear client #1 message

Addendum to this test :
- for client #2, set UHF radio to 243Mhz (the GUARD frequency on UHF)
- client #2 does hear client #1 message, the line corresponding to the radio used for this test lights up white in the SRS window

Did we miss anything ?

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum
If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !
davidp57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 01:05 PM   #2736
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Quote:

Just an update, the Comms volume do work, as do mids, so it's a combination of the two that set the volume

I'll remove the mids ones but you do need to use the UFC volume controls too

Old 03-29-2020, 01:08 PM   #2737
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidp57 View Post
Not sure I get the problem here but on my side the COMM volume knobs on the UFC work well with SRS.

On another subject, is GUARD supposed to work on the F18 with SRS ? I can't make it work.

On the A-10, the following scenario works :
- for client #1, set UHF radio to GUARD (rotate the switch to the GUARD position) and emit a message using just the SRS PTT control that was configured for this radio
- client #2 hears client #1 message, the line corresponding to the radio used for this test lights up red in the SRS window

On the F18, the following scenario does not work :
- for client #1, set UHF radio to GUARD (rotate the knob until the channel indicator indicates "G") and emit a message using just the SRS PTT control that was configured for this radio
- client #2 hears does not hear client #1 message

Addendum to this test :
- for client #2, set UHF radio to 243Mhz (the GUARD frequency on UHF)
- client #2 does hear client #1 message, the line corresponding to the radio used for this test lights up white in the SRS window

Did we miss anything ?
Currently for the hornet you have to set the guard using the SRS overlay

You'll see it's set as there is a G on overlay (either dcs one or the SRS one)

In the next release I've finally found a way to pull some data from the UFC so that'll be changing soon and work as you'd expect.

Old 03-29-2020, 01:38 PM   #2738
davidp57

Great, thanks Ciribob and as always a big thank you for your work !

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum
If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !
davidp57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 04:30 PM   #2739
JAKAL

Hi, I need help too.
It happened to me that while I'm flying, the volume of the SRS radio suddenly decreases. I checked the knobs inside the cockpit and for security the windows audio levels, but everything is ok.
Basically I listen to my friends talking at low volume, even the opening sound of the radio is low.
Old 03-29-2020, 05:04 PM   #2740
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKAL View Post
Hi, I need help too.

It happened to me that while I'm flying, the volume of the SRS radio suddenly decreases. I checked the knobs inside the cockpit and for security the windows audio levels, but everything is ok.

Basically I listen to my friends talking at low volume, even the opening sound of the radio is low.
Please go to Discord for support https://discord.gg/Ajzxqxj

Check the SRS overlay for the current volume settings