Problem with Sage Pay and PayPal

Chops

I have been trying to purchase the F-86 since August 9th, from the https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com website using PayPal with no success.

I keep getting an error message that says "PayPal returned an error, please try different card." There is no problem with my PayPal account or card, and I just used it with a different merchant as recently as yesterday.

I filed a support ticket no. 33376 on August 9th. I still have not received any meaningful or helpful support from DCS Tech Support.

The problem is on your end not mine. Will you please provide a resolution to this situation so that I can purchase the F-86?

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

Dear customers!

Sage Pay and PayPal have unconfirmed integration failure which can cause problems with payments via PayPal in some cases.

Neither Sage Pay nor PayPal cannot confirm this error for a long time (we sent the first support request to Sage Pay about two weeks ago and already tried several unsuccessful solutions).

We found out that only one working solution now is to change the country in the billing information during check out.

We will inform you about this issue.

Edited by const

image_259187.png.12ec9a78d99caec431e08ab83fd4ee4d.png

• ED Team

Dear customers,

We found out that PayPal has reinforced its security checks in August 2014. But they did not announce it to anyone. We have had to urgently update our e-shop scripts. All should work now but please make sure you are entering the correct billing address during checkout.

--

Best regards,

Konstantin "const" Borovik, CIO

Eagle Dynamics

Exactly the same problem here, order 173755 , still can't pay with PayPal

[Edit] Update:

Changed my country to UK (city London) and still the same error, cant pay with PayPal..

Its a SagePay problem, in the meanwhile i used PayPal with other sites, w/o any problems at all

Edited by argento

still can't pay with paypal either. Waiting to get the Mig 21.

order# 180761

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

get the "PayPal returned an error, please try different card." here too.

order #181392

Change the country in the billing (to UK) information didn't work for me.

Will I miss the sale?

The same problom ...

order #181285 &

order #181441

If this makes me miss the Autumn sale, I will be depressed...:cry:

I had the same problems then I lost to buy the sabre :( order #181537

Intel® Core™ i5-2500k CPU@4.20GHz 64 bit operation System Windows 10+ Pro NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - Memory: 16.0 GB - 500gb ssd samsung - Samsung 27"SyncMaster TA550 monitors [SIZE=1][B]- [/B][/SIZE][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]TM Hotas Warthog[/SIZE][/FONT] Trackir4 - TM Rudder Pedals.

I just paid with my CC. I guess for now paypal worn't work.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

problem persists...

I was trying to pay for F15C module last weekend, with use of my PayPal account. PayPal servers responded with a message that "Belsimtek is not able to recevice my money at the moment..."

Yes, I placed a ticket on ED helpdesk with a suggestion to use SagePay, in response.

It is not even possible to put F15C into the cart now, so I have lost the fight!

Anyway, opened the SP website and filled in the registration form. It ended up with some annoying message, telling someone is about to contact me via phone, to confirm the registration proces... Waiting, waiting, waiting... :music_whistling:

Hmmm... Did 21st century really started 14 years ago? :doh:

Edited by madyogi

I'm not sure I fully understand the problem - do you have a requirement to perform the purchase without the use of a card (debit or credit)?

Sage Pay is a reputable payment processor with a sizeable share of the UK and Ireland payment processing markets, as well as continentally. The "use sagepay" in case you have a card would simply mean to select card as your option of payment. No regristration on any SagePay website would be required.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I'm not sure I fully understand the problem - do you have a requirement to perform the purchase without the use of a card (debit or credit)?

Ok. Here are some facts

1. I'm from Poland.

2. I do have a debit card, but no credit card ( never needed one, read #5 ).

3. I got a 'confirmed' PayPal account (I can transfer money from my bank into PP within just few seconds).

4. There is more than enough money on my PP to pay for an order.

5. My new debit card can not be used as a 'credit card' - unfortunatelly, because the previous one from the same bank had this 'secret' capability. At some point in time I found out that people from that bank didn't realize it can be used that way - this is a longer story to tell. Makeing it short - place from point 1 is really a 'magic' one...

Back to the topic!

After placing an order, I just wanted to click the PayNow button, pick a payment method (as one would usually do) and do the payment, but instead I'm beeing redirected to Paypal webpage, where I see an error emssage telling that "Belsimtek is unable to receive money ..."

To eliminate the local OS bugs, I tried to pay under WinXP (IE8/Chrome); Win7(IE11); Linux(FireFox) and each of browsers ended up with exactly the same error...

• ED Team
Well, I noticed that the problem started the same day the EU sanctions began. Last Working payment for me was in June 2014.

http://rt.com/business/177088-eu-sanctions-banks-sberbank/

No. We are not using any russian bank for payments in dollars. There was a problem with Sage Pay <-> PayPal. It happened in July 2014 after PayPal changed its verification methods. At the end of October 2014 Sage Pay fixed it. Now all PayPal transactions are passing without any problems (according to our and SagePay logs).

You can pay by PayPal through Sage Pay at any time now.

Please write our support if you still have problems with PayPal payments.

• 1 month later...

Can't use Visa Debit Card

I received a Visa prepaid debit card for Christmas and have been trying to purchase the F-86 and P-51 but it keeps giving this error:

"The Authorisation has been declined by the bank. Please try a different card"

It's a gift card that has been activated but it is a Visa debit card. I have used these type of cards to purchase other items online with no problem What's the deal? I have been waiting for your products to go on sale and now that they are, I can't purchase anything. Please tell me I should be able to use this kind of card and this problem will be resolved SOON!

I7 4790K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z97S SLI+, 32GB HyperX 2400 DDR3, GeForce RTX-3060ti 8GB DDR6, Rosewill 80plus Bronze 1000w, Corsair Hydro H100i, Intel 160GB SSD for OS, Seagate Barracuda 2TB, Intel 1TB SSD for DCS, P3D, Star Citizen, Sound Blaster Zx, Thermaltake Overseer RX-I, Logitech G940 FFB stick, dual throttle & pedals, TrackIR 5, Surround Speakers & Subwoofer, Oculus Quest 2 VR.

:joystick::pilotfly: