R-77 for Sukhoi's - Page 20 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-06-2017, 11:47 AM   #191
Oceandar

Reputation power: 14
Oceandar has a spectacular aura aboutOceandar has a spectacular aura aboutOceandar has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by probad View Post
you're asking about the ones under the nacelles?
those are the same kab-500kr tv guided bombs we can carry in the su-25t.
Yes, Ok thanks Probad

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk
Old 08-06-2017, 02:24 PM   #192
PermAG-CyMPAK

Reputation power: 16
PermAG-CyMPAK is just really nicePermAG-CyMPAK is just really nicePermAG-CyMPAK is just really nicePermAG-CyMPAK is just really nicePermAG-CyMPAK is just really nicePermAG-CyMPAK is just really nicePermAG-CyMPAK is just really nicePermAG-CyMPAK is just really nicePermAG-CyMPAK is just really nicePermAG-CyMPAK is just really nicePermAG-CyMPAK is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esac_mirmidon View Post

This is a Su-35. He does not have pitot tube on nose plane
PermAG-CyMPAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 02:27 PM   #193
probad

Reputation power: 8
probad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really nice

wait, did anyone actually mistake this for a su-27?
probad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 02:28 PM   #194
Esac_mirmidon
Veteran

Reputation power: 45
Esac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Esac_mirmidon

Who said so?

Of course is a Su-35

Windows 7 64 bits Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6 - GTX 1060 EXOC KFA2 - 16 Gigas RAM 1.600 - 1920x1080

Hotas Rhino X-55 - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - Track IR 4
Esac_mirmidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 03:31 AM   #195
LJQCN101

Reputation power: 5
LJQCN101 has a spectacular aura aboutLJQCN101 has a spectacular aura aboutLJQCN101 has a spectacular aura aboutLJQCN101 has a spectacular aura about

Chinese J-11A also carry R-77. Would be pretty nice to have it in DCS as an AI or another flyable variant of FC3 Su-27 module.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MZDQ5f6.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	167047
LJQCN101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 12:26 PM   #196
Esac_mirmidon
Veteran

Reputation power: 45
Esac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Esac_mirmidon

Windows 7 64 bits Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6 - GTX 1060 EXOC KFA2 - 16 Gigas RAM 1.600 - 1920x1080

Hotas Rhino X-55 - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - Track IR 4
Esac_mirmidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 01:39 PM   #197
Fri13

Reputation power: 11
Fri13 is a jewel in the roughFri13 is a jewel in the roughFri13 is a jewel in the roughFri13 is a jewel in the roughFri13 is a jewel in the roughFri13 is a jewel in the roughFri13 is a jewel in the roughFri13 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunMcKill View Post
That is not true, you dont need to STT any target to launch a missile that will be guided to an aproximate point using INS and his own radar in the final stage (pitbull), what is the point to STT one target if you will launch two missiles to differents aircraft? absurd, they did that in DCS because the logic used in all the FC3 russian aircraft use STT, thats all
As far I have read and heard from a pilots that you use STT to guide missile in regardless you have a ARH as your TWS lags so maneuvering target will escape the basket. For a unaware target or non-maneuverable you can get them in basket easily. Meaning once you spot target, keep radar off until you come to launch parameters, turn radar on to check target heading stays same, launch missile in TWS and turn off your radar immediately and stay blind until missile is estimated to be in own seeker range and turn radar on and get STT lock to help missile to get to end.

Idea is to have target totally unaware from you, but doesn't work if their radar see you.

The TWS ain't a magic bullet that get everyone in every situation in reality. And it ain't modeled in DCS.
Fri13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 01:41 PM   #198
GGTharos
Veteran

Reputation power: 305
GGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fri13 View Post
As far I have read and heard from a pilots that you use STT to guide missile in regardless you have a ARH as your TWS lags so maneuvering target will escape the basket.
I won't.

Quote:
TWS and turn off your radar immediately and stay blind until missile is estimated to be in own seeker range and turn radar on and get STT lock to help missile to get to end.
Maybe that works in-game ... not in RL.

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump
I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda
GGTharos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 01:44 PM   #199
Fri13

Reputation power: 11
Fri13 is a jewel in the roughFri13 is a jewel in the roughFri13 is a jewel in the roughFri13 is a jewel in the roughFri13 is a jewel in the roughFri13 is a jewel in the roughFri13 is a jewel in the roughFri13 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGTharos View Post
I won't.

Maybe that works in-game ... not in RL.
In reality it is used in STT and guided to the end by keeping radar continually on.

--
I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts.....
Fri13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 02:31 PM   #200
GGTharos
Veteran

Reputation power: 305
GGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant future

In reality they use whatever's appropriate ... the 'splash two' outcome was two aircraft shot down simultaneously with a TWS shot in RL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fri13 View Post
In reality it is used in STT and guided to the end by keeping radar continually on.

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump
I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda
GGTharos is offline   Reply With Quote