LN's real next aircraft - Page 12 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-15-2017, 08:21 PM   #111
Sarraceno

Reputation power: 1
Sarraceno is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by asla36 View Post
It's a nice thing for beginners. But sadly lacking in the clickable cockpit awesomeness that other modules provide. So full modules of the Flanker, Fulcrum, Frogfoot, and Eagle would make me very happy indeed.

Though I think aircraft like the MiG-23 or F-4 would be easier to get info on. And I would prefer those as modules too, because I really like retro tech.

At least it seems that if not soviet, we'll get chinese aircraft... Actually works for me.... Cockpits in russian, in Ike...swedish and now chinese... Awesome
Sarraceno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 03:01 PM   #112
escaner

Reputation power: 5
escaner has a spectacular aura aboutescaner has a spectacular aura aboutescaner has a spectacular aura aboutescaner has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev2go View Post
Depending on the Version. Gr1 will have similar doctrine in ground attack to the Viggen. Use terrain masking, come in super low n fast. Deploy Ordinance, and haul back home.

The Gr4 is the more modern upgrade to the Tornado circa mid 1990s- early 2000s.( assuming theres enough public source data, or the MOD doesn't interfere) Gr4 has more modern electronics like a Mulifunction displays and will employ modern precision guided weapons, and targeting pod ( Lightening pod) . Its going to be more of current doctrine ( in part due to technology advance) Fly High to avoid as many surface to air threats as possible , and employ precision guided bombs, and longer range stand off weapons to strike targets. its essentially more characteristic of current 4th gen aircraft.
Even thogh RAF Tornados GR.1 started Operation Desert Storm in 1991 with low level attacks, after quite a few loses due to AAA in airfields, they switched to mid altitude with TIALD pods (sometimes carried by Buccaneers instead) and Paveway bombs once the Iraqui SAMs were deemed less of a threat than AAA. Targeting pods, and precision strike are not exclusive of the GR.4.
Old 06-30-2017, 11:08 PM   #113
Fusedspine33

Reputation power: 0
Fusedspine33 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drag0nWIng View Post
it seems we have no chance to have mig29 or su27,
so to focus on migs23 or early sukhoi,
the gen 2 or gen 3 is fun enough for dcsw.
no more guessing box...
Why is there no chance for these two planes?
Fusedspine33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 08:46 AM   #114
Vincent90

Reputation power: 0
Vincent90 is infamous around these partsVincent90 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusedspine33 View Post
Because the rumor/speculation clan says so
Vincent90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 09:37 AM   #115
asla36

Reputation power: 1
asla36 is on a distinguished road

MiG-29/Su-27 are not going to happen because: they are Russian and above 3rd generation, we say so, they are already present in FC3, there is not much demand (compared to Western aircraft).

So, no chance. The best we can hope for is a MiG-23/25 (not likely), Su-15/22. But we are never going to see these.

Make it happen, and take my money!
asla36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 11:19 AM   #116
OnlyforDCS

Reputation power: 13
OnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent90 View Post
Because the rumor/speculation clan says so
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusedspine33 View Post
Actually the reason is the latest change to Russian espionage laws, which can be especially restrictive to private companies, depending on their interpretation which is up to the Russian MOD and courts.

I believe that not only would Eagle Dynamics need permission from the respective design bureaus, but from the Russian MOD as well, but even with these permissions the legality of putting out these modules is open to interpretation and question by the courts.

At least that's the word on the grapevine.