Proposing Mig 21-93 BISON - Page 14 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-19-2017, 01:48 AM   #131
Kev2go

Reputation power: 0
Kev2go is infamous around these partsKev2go is infamous around these partsKev2go is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterH View Post
I'd love Bison or LanceR, infact I'd take it over many planes, but I don't really see it happening, for a multitude of reasons.

Some of the reasons I can think of are:
- Even if they would be built upon MiG-21Bis (and in case of LanceRs even the base variant is not Bis), it would still be a big effort with 3D models, cockpits, especially the systems and even the flight model to some degree. It wouldn't be a trivial task to create it.
- Most people would prefer to have different airframes for diversity, rather than variants.
- Considering the two above together, it would probably be a financial risk for a dev studio to take it on, and if said dev studio would be someone other than Leatherneck, it would be even more of a colossal risk since they would have to do everything from scratch.

I'd also enjoy playing around with a MiG-21F13 but that'd honestly be mostly for curiosity's sake. MF or PFM? Well not sure I'd be too interested in them. I'd possibly get them in a sale as I love the Fishbed and would like the idea of collecting them but even I wouldn't justify getting an MF or PFM full price unless there are more 60s era stuff at the time.

In my opinion, the aircraft that would round out things nicely and give many scenario possibilities would be a RED attack aircraft like Su-17 or MiG-27, or Su-24 or maybe A5C.

Theoretically, we may be getting a MiG-23 from someone, as the cancellation of Razbam's attempt eventyally led to reason being a conflict with a future plan. MiG-23 itself is interesting, and if we get one, I would like seeing it also leading to MiG-27, even if it would still be big effort to change a MiG-23 into a MiG-27, I think their roles are so distinct, they would probably both sell nicely.

BTW, while I understand people being enamored the Vietnam idea, 60s birds would be competitive between only each other and there currently is zero of them in the sim. I just don't see DCS: Vietnam becoming a thing in at least a pretty long term. So Vietnam era MiG-21s would mostly be a curiosity, perhaps only possibly interesting for a Middle East scenario after Razbam release their Mirage III.

well to be fair we have close enough variant to have DCS vietnam.

South vietnam used F5A's and F5E's ( albeit E1 without rwr, and the earlier An/APQ 153 radar)

I think Mig21bis is close enough to fill in for earlier mig21 variants, coupled with a potential Mig19 from razbam. Eventually id say having a USAF F4E phantom, coupled with carrier A6 intruder and A7 corsair (planned by razbam), its close enough to fit late vietnam period Circa late 1972 operation linebacker 2.

similarly some potential assets that were used in that could be to be used in the 1973 October aka YOm kippur scenario ( mig21bis, Mig19 F4E, MIIII)

Build:

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Gibabyte Z97x Motherboard, Intel Core i7 4790k ; 4.0 ghz ( Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo),Kingston Hyperx DDR3 16gb ram (1866 mhz) ,
(Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia Gtx 1080 8gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; WD 1TB HDD, samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD, Samsing evo 850 pro 512 gb SSD

Last edited by Kev2go; 02-19-2017 at 01:53 AM.
Kev2go is offline   Reply With Quote