INS improvements in the 19 Aug 2020 Open Beta

Santi871

1 minute ago, Harker said:

I don't think that actually having DTED will ever be in question

That's all I need. :biggrin:

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

• 2 weeks later...

I've been flying the Tomcat 95% of the time with a little bit of SU-27, and I keep getting this error and have been waiting more than 9-10 minutes. Then I tried the Cold Start and had the same thing (obviously this needs to be updated).  Then I found this thread. I'll have to try the IFA for a bit. 

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

• Wags unpinned this topic
  • 2 months later...

Can anyone confirm whether INS drift is currently modeled when GPS is unavailable? I see alot of conflicting opinions on this, so something more official would be appreciated.

Also, will ground radar waypoint updating be implemented in the future?

• Like 1

hi there. trying to figure this out, do I have the correct sequence of events?

1) start up plane

2) turn selector to GND

3) press stored heading on HSI

4) wait 90 seconds

5) turn selector to IFA

6) good to go

is this right?

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

Yeah sounds right for ground. 

On a carrier though,  CV didn't work with stored heading and I had to IFA and it took almost to the second waypoint on the canned cold start mission before INS DEGO went away. 

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

1 hour ago, Uxi said:

Yeah sounds right for ground. 

On a carrier though,  CV didn't work with stored heading and I had to IFA and it took almost to the second waypoint on the canned cold start mission before INS DEGO went away. 

oh ok so the stored heading doesn't work with carriers

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

2 hours ago, dresoccer4 said:

No reason that it shouldn't.  I use off carriers all the time.  Either something missed in procedure or something weird with the mission if it doesn't work.

Could you try the premade ED Suppercarrier cold start mission maybe?  I select it on the HSI page and nothing happens. I'll see about getting it in on one of my missions in the ME.

Specs & Wishlist:

3 hours ago, dresoccer4 said:

Pretty realistic if that's the case. Whilst technically feasible if the aircraft hast been moved since shutdown, the chances of getting into a jet that hasn't are probably very low, given almost all aircraft would be re-spotted by ground crew after recovery or prior to launch.

Edited by norman99

37 minutes ago, Uxi said:

Could you try the premade ED Suppercarrier cold start mission maybe?  I select it on the HSI page and nothing happens. I'll see about getting it in on one of my missions in the ME.

Just tried it on both the Caucus and PG versions of the Supercarrier cold start and it works as expected.  You won't see a lot on the HSI page other than the STD HDG will become boxed (and one of the "tails" will move to 0 deg when you ALGN CV, then down to about 220 deg when you hit STD HDG.  Other than that the QAUL number will decline much faster and around the 1:30 counter mark you'll be at QUAL 0.5  OK.  1st thing to check if you're not getting proper alignment on the carrier is to make sure you keep the parking brake on until you're aligned (doesn't matter if you don't move, if you take it off it will mess with your alignment).  And of course, moving it to IFA when finished aligning.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Gents,

sometimes STD HDG option does not appear for me on the bottom of the HSI, so nothing to box in fact. What can be the reason for that? Can't remember precisely, what did I do wrong, but it might have been that I rushed the alignment before even starting up left engine? And I guess I could never get back STD HDG again, even if I switched INS OFF and back on to CV again. Don't remember if I tried to "recover" it after L ENG started or not... Anyone with a better memory?

IIRC the option is only available during the first 2 minutes of the alignment, and I think becomes invalid if the carrier turns, but if the carrier is moving straight i have no problems with it.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/