A-10A full clickpit update DLC

Haukka81

Yes, OLD COLD WAR A-10A model

DCS A-10A warthog with full systems modeling etc..

Would pay 0-200euros for update.

And it should be optional so up to user buy and use it.

Why:

-because its perfect for first desert storm time scenarios (and coldwar time anyway)

- Its just so sexy with all that analog gauges and only one screen for mavs :)

- Close up and personal.

- Original pure warthog

Nobody would loose anything beacause it would be optional DLC.

• Like 2

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I could see this being worth doing because the A-10 is already a popular aircraft that new comers are always attracted to. However many lose interest in the A-10C when they realize how complex it can be to operate.

I am sure there would be more A-10A flown around than C's if the A were to have a full systems modeled option.

Yes, OLD COLD WAR A-10A model

DCS A-10A warthog with full systems modeling etc..

Would pay 0-200euros for update.

And it should be optional so up to user buy and use it.

Why:

-because its perfect for first desert storm time scenarios (and coldwar time anyway)

- Its just so sexy with all that analog gauges and only one screen for mavs :)

- Close up and personal.

- Original pure warthog

Nobody would loose anything beacause it would be optional DLC.

But we would. Devs who could be working on Kiowa, Cobra, F16 etc would have to work on updating FC3 planes which were never meant to be full fidelity. My guess is that ED would be much more successful launching Kiowa's of the world than updating A10A. Especially with A10C and II coming out soon. A10A probably wouldn't move the needle for ED.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Classic Cold War combatant A-10A as full fidelity would be great being both relatively simple, easy to learn and fully realistic.

It coul be relatively easy to make without modern gizmos, avionics, GPS / laser guided munitions or targeting pod.

But we would. Devs who could be working on Kiowa, Cobra, F16 etc would have to work on updating FC3 planes which were never meant to be full fidelity. My guess is that ED would be much more successful launching Kiowa's of the world than updating A10A. Especially with A10C and II coming out soon. A10A probably wouldn't move the needle for ED.

Not sure where your basing you guesstimate on but mine is based one the countless comments I have read in these very forums over the years. I have seen plenty of people that love the A-10 for its legendary status but the C is too complex for them to just jump in and go into battle and the FC3 A-10A is far too simplified to feel realistic. I have the A-10C and have pretty much lost interest in it because of the weapons systems complexity. I rather put more time into learning my favorite modules. But if there was an A-10A full fidelity upgrade I would definitely fly the A-10 a lot more when I get the itch to do some ground pounding.

Not sure where your basing you guesstimate on but mine is based one the countless comments I have read in these very forums over the years. I have seen plenty of people that love the A-10 for its legendary status but the C is too complex for them to just jump in and go into battle and the FC3 A-10A is far too simplified to feel realistic. I have the A-10C and have pretty much lost interest in it because of the weapons systems complexity. I rather put more time into learning my favorite modules. But if there was an A-10A full fidelity upgrade I would definitely fly the A-10 a lot more when I get the itch to do some ground pounding.

But a full fidelity cockpit *WILL* make A10A just as complicated as A10C. FC's planes were meant to be more arcade than not. It's meant for casual gamers who want to have fun. Not have to spend hours studying how to start up their aircraft.

So you can't have it both ways. You can't selectively say "make it complicated by giving me realism, but make it simple"

BTW, A10C already has a game mode where things are vastly simplified.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

But a full fidelity cockpit *WILL* make A10A just as complicated as A10C. FC's planes were meant to be more arcade than not. It's meant for casual gamers who want to have fun. Not have to spend hours studying how to start up their aircraft.

So you can't have it both ways. You can't selectively say "make it complicated by giving me realism, but make it simple"

BTW, A10C already has a game mode where things are vastly simplified.

You misunderstood what I meant. I meant for there to be a way of having an A-10A full fidelity upgrade option available as a different module just like there is going to be one for the A-10C Thunderbolt II. The plain old A-10C will still be there in your aircraft menu but after purchasing the upgrade there will be one for the A-10C II as a different module.

So there could be one for the plain simple FC3 A10A and a different module for a full fidelity A-10A.

And no, the A10C in game mode is more of a cheat mode. I am looking for the full realistic clickable cockpit experience in a more straight forward operation with out the complexities of MFD's.