Zoom and Groups questions

PoorOldSpike

Hi guys, old fart 72-yr-old veteran wargamer here, I've put in 5000 hours on Armed Assault and just have just bought Combined Arms.

Couple of noob questions-

1- When in external view like this screenshot, is there a way to zoom the whole view?

I don't mean zoom just the tank, i know how to do that with the mouse wheel, I mean zoom the horizon so we can see what's lurking there?

(In Armed Assault, holding the right mouse button zooms it.)

DCS-CA-1.jpg

2- Next question- I placed these 3 Abrams in the mission-build editor, but when I move the lead tank, the other two tanks won't follow him and stay put.

I can't seem to find a way in the editor to group the tanks into a single group and designate a leader who they'll follow-

DCS-CA-2.jpg

• Like 1

Please refer to the attached images: (1.jpg) To make a group larger or smaller, click the arrows in the green box. To select a specific unit, click the arrows in the pink box. In 1.jpg the 3rd unit is selected and the group size is 3. 2.jpg shows you the key/axis commands for zoom views. When commanding a unit you can also go into isometric view (see 3.jpg); it will let you control this unit from 3rd person, including a crosshair. The zooming in iso-view is limited, though.

If you press LCTRL+F11 while watching e.g. a tank (e.g. in F7 view) you can freely pan and move the camera (via zooming).

If you hold (and then release) G while controlling a unit you can place a marker for the rest of the group. Also check your radio menu, you will get ROE and formation options.

1.thumb.jpg.dc4d13724462205e85b74126f85b1eb6.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.88b409c7b33f60bff0a3d2015066cc20.jpg

3.jpg.d79473f953374a1ca39e556d6e0ab6d6.jpg

Edited by Catweedle