A-4E-C clickable cockpit and pan view with mouse

Hi, relatively new to DCS. But the clickable cockpit seems to be rather tedius and a long process. OR Am I doing something wrong?

So everytime I need to adjust a cockpit button;

1) ALT-C (to allow mouse pan view)

2) double click mouse wheel (clickable cockpit)

3) numpad 5 (recentre view)

whereas with Falcon BMS I can just hold right mouse button, pan to where i want and use the mouse as normal to click whatever button I want.

How can I setup DCS to do the same thing?

I can use the HAT on my Warthog for pan view, but I've got that configured for trim.

Please help!

Edited by flywithme

Get a headtracking device, it will change your simming dramatically:

https://delanengineering.com/products/head-tracking-delanclip-gamer/

Here is how it looks on the skyhawk, I’m no longer using the mouse to control the cockpit view (except on external views), I never press alt+c , I simply move the head to where I want to look:

3CjLOcd7mJ0

The cost is not that high and it will last years, mine was purchased on 2014 and it is still going strong.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Yeh I've got the Delanclip on the way, just taking longer than usual to arrive due to these crazy times we live in......

When you first get it, it will feel a little awkward, but once you get used to it it's the most natural thing in the world.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

When you first get it, it will feel a little awkward, but once you get used to it it's the most natural thing in the world.
Very true! I remember when TrackIR was a new thing in the 90s. I regret so much I didn't get it at the time. Wasted more than 20 years. Me oh my....

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

My first sessions with head tracking were humbling. I was performing way worse than with hat view. It turned around pretty quickly with experience and setting it up properly.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 4 weeks later...

Mouse is essential to pan for some of us.

Hi, relatively new to DCS. But the clickable cockpit seems to be rather tedius and a long process. OR Am I doing something wrong?

So everytime I need to adjust a cockpit button;

1) ALT-C (to allow mouse pan view)

2) double click mouse wheel (clickable cockpit)

3) numpad 5 (recentre view)

whereas with Falcon BMS I can just hold right mouse button, pan to where i want and use the mouse as normal to click whatever button I want.

It is all about available money to buy hardware and built a cockpit.

I know TrackIR and other VR devices are very useful in this game.

I am in an early stage with the SU-25T and use the mouse or the joystick hat to pan around.

When I get my first clickable module I will have to use a key modifier such as LCtrl to keep using the mouse either to pan or to click.

It is possible to use also the small joysticks of a controller (PS,) in the left hand to pan around.

I have mentioned elsewhere that I would be happy to have three hands to play DCSW. A VR device is that third hand.

It is possible to use also the small joysticks of a controller (PS,) in the left hand to pan around.

If only the windows driver can talk with it DCS will too.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

It is all about available money to buy hardware and built a cockpit.

I know TrackIR and other VR devices are very useful in this game.

I am in an early stage with the SU-25T and use the mouse or the joystick hat to pan around.

When I get my first clickable module I will have to use a key modifier such as LCtrl to keep using the mouse either to pan or to click.

I have mentioned elsewhere that I would be happy to have three hands to play DCSW. A VR device is that third hand.

You know that there are really cheap alternatives to the brand TrackIR? I got my DelanClip a year ago. It goes for around 44 pounds these days. That's money you'll never regret using.

Cheers!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk