1.5.6. Release-FPS drop (only with ABRIS is on)

After update to DCS 1.5.6. release there is a FPS drop only in Ka-50 cockpit only with ABRIS in NAV page. Now it's unplayable for me. I tried downgrade back to 1.5.5 and everything is OK. Is there any bug in ABRIS?

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600, GPU: GTX 1080Ti, RAM: 32GB, VR: Quest2 128GB

After update to DCS 1.5.6. release there is a FPS drop only in Ka-50 cockpit only with ABRIS in NAV page. Now it's unplayable for me. I tried downgrade back to 1.5.5 and everything is OK. Is there any bug in ABRIS?

what are your graphic's settings? I don't have any fps hit

I have to play with the lowest settings because of my hardware. I use native resolution 1600x900, MSAA 2x, Anisotropic filtering 2x, rest is off or low. The drop is bigger when there are more notes in ABRIS only on NAV page (e.g. areas of AAA). When I switch to other pages in ABRIS, FPS is normal.

I play Georgian Oil War campaigns. With DCS 1.5.5 I had 35 to 50 FPS and now with 1.5.6 I have 10 to 18 (same graphic's settings).

Edited by jurajs84

This is tied to water graphic settings in options. Change your water quality to high and ABRIS will work normally.

i7-4790k @ 4.4GHZ, 32GB G. Skill Ripjaws DDR-2133 RAM, EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3, Crucial M500 SSD, VKB MCG, TWCS Throttle, MFG Crosswind, TrackIR 5

This is tied to water graphic settings in options. Change your water quality to high and ABRIS will work normally.

Thanks for the hint. Have tested the only this can be a workaround for the time being.

Normally, I set the water low to increase the FPS.

I hope the ED the ABRIS problem in the next update fixt, so the FPS no longer break in. :cry:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

my DCS World - Ka50 Pit Project: :pilotfly:

http://www.ka50.de

What graphics cards do you guys have? I have an nVidia card and don't have any issues with the ABRIS on and Water set to Medium.

Just trying to pinpoint, if perhaps all of you have ATI/AMD cards, then maybe a ATI/AMD driver issue?

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

• ED Team
What graphics cards do you guys have?
... and how much videomemory onboard?

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

I have integrated AMD APU HD8650G (laptop). I know it's not the best hardware for DCS, but it's only a temporary solution. Before the upgrade to 1.5.6 I had no FPS drop with ABRIS NAV page. Now I play DCS 1.5.5 without any FPS drop.

What graphics cards do you guys have? I have an nVidia card and don't have any issues with the ABRIS on and Water set to Medium.

Just trying to pinpoint, if perhaps all of you have ATI/AMD cards, then maybe a ATI/AMD driver issue?

the issue is when the water is set to low, not medium or high

the issue is when the water is set to low, not medium or high

Can confirm. Tested with water set to LOW and FPS got cut in half.

Medium or High water setting does not affect FPS in this manner.

nVIDIA GTX 980

Edited by chrisofsweden

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick