First of the next to emerge?

carss

Tucano and then harrier is RAZBAMs lineup atm. However with addition of new add on devs working on the MiG19p we may see it in between or after the harrier. The MiG23MLA was turned down by ED because someone else has it on their list already or ED is already working on it.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

The MiG23MLA was turned down by ED because someone else has it on their list already or ED is already working on it.

or how about just saying for unknown reasons

because we literally dont know

what's so wrong about admitting that?

you can't control how much info ed releases but you can make the choice to not be a rumormongering demagogue

Edited by probad

Well that or they can't get a license agreement. Or they just don't want it. Why so snappy? We're focused on what's next from razbam not my personal thoughts on their module lineup. Anyways...... so tucano and harrier olare officially on their to do list with the attachment of the 19P. They are also doing a Mirage 3 CJ? I think is the correct variant they're doing?

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

So help me understand this. If an aircraft is on someones list, but they have not even started it, no one else can make it? What kind of crap is that? I respect all third party devs, but lets be real here, look how long it takes to create a solid module. If someone on the RAZ team has already started one, why not let them continue. Does not seem very fair to the community or othre devs if they have the talent, time, and resources to complete the project first. I would like everyones input on this to make sure I am not over reacting here. I got super fired up when I saw those images. Always wanted to fly the 23 since Janes ATF and US Navy Fighters. You just shot down my hopes for a name on a future aircraft list vs a solid company that already has one started. Who has it on their list?

Robert

you're literally panicking over unsubstantiated claims, calm the heck down.

Well that or they can't get a license agreement. Or they just don't want it. Why so snappy?

because there's already enough misinformation on these forums already, so let's please not add any more to it.

Edited by probad

Well that or they can't get a license agreement. Or they just don't want it. Why so snappy? We're focused on what's next from razbam not my personal thoughts on their module lineup. Anyways...... so tucano and harrier olare officially on their to do list with the attachment of the 19P. They are also doing a Mirage 3 CJ? I think is the correct variant they're doing?

The reason why you're getting a strong pushback from implying that "Someone else is working on it" when we absolutly do not know whether or not that is true, is because if you say it enough times, eventually people start thinking that. And then if you ask them for proof, they'll link back to a whole bunch of folks saying that's the case, when at the very heart of it, it was one person projecting their own desires onto a statement that did not confirm or deny anything.

In circumstances like these, it's important to be clear and use the proper language to prevent backlash on the third party developers if "what everybody knows" turns out to be false.

@Clark

As to calling "dibs". I have explicitly asked this of both VEAO and LN and Sithspawn in the past and all have stated in no uncertain terms, there is no "Dibs" system in place for DCS, and that multiple people could theoretically work on the same module. If this has changed, it's a change that's been made within the last two years.

• Like 1

@Tirak

Thanks for the info. That is what I wanted to know. Probably should have waited to see someone post that information, however, this thread did not really catch like a wild fire. Good to know more than one dev group can work on the same project. Previous post deleted so there is no misinterpritation of my respect to ED and the third party DEVS.

Regards

Robert

Edited by robert.clark251

If I had a vote, which I realize I don't, I'd vote for the A-7 next :pilotfly:

We already have this as a project, and there is a model ready for this, sure, it is based in the FSX (and then P3D) version, but with way more enhancements and a more accurate cockpit, since this is being made by me (and the main crew) there are some other stuff that needs my attention prior to this, like the AV-8B which is being developed by the main crew and me (again)

What ever happened to the Tucano? We had some very nice pictures of the cockpit and model shown to us and then all of a sudden it disappeared of the radar?

It will be RAZBAM's next released module. But because it's just a Tucano, there's a large number of us who have no interest in discussing it since the Harrier was announced to be coming out shortly after the Tucano.

Besides, no point in really releasing much info now with the current Spitfire release and LN's Viggen Promotional push. There will likely be an end of year update, but for now, status quo, nothing to see here.

It will be RAZBAM's next released module. But because it's just a Tucano, there's a large number of us who have no interest in discussing it since the Harrier was announced to be coming out shortly after the Tucano.

Besides, no point in really releasing much info now with the current Spitfire release and LN's Viggen Promotional push. There will likely be an end of year update, but for now, status quo, nothing to see here.

Unless I totally missed something, Ron said harrier 5 posts above yours. The last word he gave on the Tucano was that it was still being worked on.

I'm probably in the minority but, I'm far more interested in a turbo prop modeled to DCS quality than another jet. Granted the complexities with modeling the Harrier's vertical thrust has me interested just from the pure technical side. That alone is enough for me to preorder it, tho I do suspect that many of us will experience some humiliation in trying to master vertical take offs and landings.

The technical complexity of modeling in a turboprop with beta and reverse is something that I think is more difficult than the jets in DCS and a big reason I'd like to see RAZBAM pull it off to encourage other developers to try aircraft outside of pure combat models. Flying turboprops for a living it would be nice to do things that I can't ordinarily do with passengers in the back. Also because they permanently removed the gun systems from my aircraft during a refit last year... :cry_2:

Unless I totally missed something, Ron said harrier 5 posts above yours. The last word he gave on the Tucano was that it was still being worked on.

I'm not willing to make the leap of logic required to interpret Prowler's response as an assurance that the Harrier will be coming before the Tucano. Stated roadmap has been, and still is; Tucano first, Harrier second. Until Prowler explicitly comes out and says "We're releasing the Harrier before the Tucano", i'm not going to put words in his mouth.

I'm probably in the minority but, I'm far more interested in a turbo prop modeled to DCS quality than another jet. Granted the complexities with modeling the Harrier's vertical thrust has me interested just from the pure technical side. That alone is enough for me to preorder it, tho I do suspect that many of us will experience some humiliation in trying to master vertical take offs and landings.

I'm afraid I can't share your interest. yet another underpowered trainer equivalent is the last thing we need. The Harrier is faster, more capable, hauls more weapons of greater variety and has more numerous and interesting systems.

The technical complexity of modeling in a turboprop with beta and reverse is something that I think is more difficult than the jets in DCS and a big reason I'd like to see RAZBAM pull it off to encourage other developers to try aircraft outside of pure combat models. Flying turboprops for a living it would be nice to do things that I can't ordinarily do with passengers in the back. Also because they permanently removed the gun systems from my aircraft during a refit last year... :cry_2:

I'm actively against the idea of encouraging civilian aircraft in DCS. There are several full fidelity flight simulators for civilian traffic. Without even mentioning their vast superiority in handling the civilian side of things, the military sim market is a very small niche that I would prefer see grow, rather than strangled out by yet more piper cubs, and yet another Boeing.

I'm actively against the idea of encouraging civilian aircraft in DCS. There are several full fidelity flight simulators for civilian traffic. Without even mentioning their vast superiority in handling the civilian side of things, the military sim market is a very small niche that I would prefer see grow, rather than strangled out by yet more piper cubs, and yet another Boeing.

who said anything about civilian aircraft? ;)

2011-n352f01.jpg