DCS Tucano

Evilducky

another trainer.. such a good idea :D

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool but no thanks, i laugh at the real world brass who think this will replace the A10c. Good Aircraft for the simpletons in the mideast

LOL! True story... It's a primary flight trainer converted to carry a few weapons.. Suddenly, people think it's the turbo prop equivalent to the A-10.. Give me a break.. It looks cool and has some nice avionics onboard, that's about it.. It has rarely been used in combat also.. Nowhere close to the A-10 or any other relevant Attack Aircraft. Sure will be fun to fly when practicing IFR, IFR approaches, etc, etc.. Maybe throw a few rocket / gun pods on it and blow up some light skinned vehicles..

Pretty amusing some people think this thing is a legit ground attack aircraft.

Cool but no thanks, i laugh at the real world brass who think this will replace the A10c. Good Aircraft for the simpletons in the mideast

No1 has ever said this aircraft (or the Super Tucano more likley)

would replace the A-10

It is however a good anti Insurgency aircraft in that i can carry a decent bomb load has good loiter is cheap to acquire and operate etc.

So for Fighting in Afghanistan etc against insurgents and doing strike /cas missions its actually pretty well suited to that role and can do it very well at a much lower cost then An A-10.

But Also it has a more limited role then the A-10 and is specially tailored to the Anti Insurgency role.

And for Fighting Insurgents without heavy armor and with either no Air-Air or limited to old AA guns / older Manpads the Tucano and especially Super Tucano can do the same role as the A-10 had in Afghanistan for a much lower cost.

And also most nations that operate the Tucano or Super Tucano would never be able to or be allowed to operate A-10s...

Im very interested in This aircraft and it would be an interesting addition.

A Super tucano would probably be more effective with its more powerfull engine and much more advanced weapons (Super tucano being able to carry IR missiles like the Aim-9M and guided munitions like AGM-65s and Paveway Laserguided bombs etc aswell as unguided bombs / munitions aswell as having RWR countermeasures etc)

But comming back to the Tucano.

Any word on what variant of the Tucano?

And will it be just a trainer variant or will we get the attack variant?

This is perfect for those who want to go through their wings course leading up to other higher performance aircraft.

I think you have made a good decision RAZBAM.

M2000C, Harrier and now this are all great aircraft.

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

But comming back to the Tucano.

Any word on what variant of the Tucano?

And will it be just a trainer variant or will we get the attack variant?

Emb-312 Tucano

EDIT: By the looks of it..... I t could be the F model...

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

My choice for an aircraft in the "what would you like to have in DCS" thread was a Pilatus PC-9. It's the same class, as well as the T-6 Texan II, and this is definitely close enough.

I really enjoy flying all three in P3D - they are a hoot.

${1}

Edited by Brixmis

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

My choice for an aircraft in the "what would you like to have in DCS" thread was a Pilatus PC-9. It's the same class, as well as the T-6 Texan II, and this is definitely close enough.

Exactly - there are plenty of similar aircraft and having one that is close enough is all we need. I'd be happy to skin this as pretend it's a NZ Texan II :)

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

this or the P-38!!

but im in for the tucano.

wow..

i savor a few aircraft in which i can see propellers in virtual reality!

razbam pulling out the wild cards, has leatherneck sims beat.. ;)

Thank you Egar!!!!!

tucano & harrier... AMAZINGGGGGG

Edited by hannibal

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

this or the P-38!!

but im in for the tucano.

wow..

i savor a few aircraft in which i can see propellers in virtual reality!

razbam pulling out the wild cards, has leatherneck sims beat.. ;)

Thank you Egar!!!!!

tucano & harrier... AMAZINGGGGGG

Leatherneck's Mig-21 is arguably the best quality module available, along with the A-10C, KA-50, Mig-15 and Sabre... . Razbam might be developing the Harrier and Tucano, but they have a long way to go in meeting Leatherneck, ED and Belsimtech's quality. Regardless of my opinion, Razbam will surely be one of the big dawgs in DCS, exciting times ahead.

Wonder if the Harrier will be coming out the same time as Leatherneck's F-14?

Edited by Reagan505

Please no. Atleast not now. DCS is full of 'nice to have' aircraft that currently don't make sense in the online environment. Yeah ok, using them in SP missions is fine but given the amount of time/developer resources to develop just one a/c, please let the devs focus on something that is multirole and 'fits' in the current environment ie. an attack helicopter or more multirole jets.

• Like 1

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

LOL! True story... It's a primary flight trainer converted to carry a few weapons.. Suddenly, people think it's the turbo prop equivalent to the A-10.. Give me a break.. It looks cool and has some nice avionics onboard, that's about it.. It has rarely been used in combat also.. Nowhere close to the A-10 or any other relevant Attack Aircraft. Sure will be fun to fly when practicing IFR, IFR approaches, etc, etc.. Maybe throw a few rocket / gun pods on it and blow up some light skinned vehicles..

Pretty amusing some people think this thing is a legit ground attack aircraft.

The Super Tucano is what people are talking about, and as a COIN aircraft, it is probably alot more practical then a plane designed to kill tanks in the cold war. Insurgents have little in the way of tanks.

It´s compatible with targeting pods and carries Paveway IIs and Mavericks.

But all possible replacements for the A-10 failed, that gun is just too useful and the A-10 is too cheap to operate so noone finds reason to replace it, because all options are more expensive and less capable.

Edited by Chrinik

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GCI: "Control to SEAD: Enemy SAM site 190 for 30, cleared to engage"

Striker: "Copy, say Altitude?"

GCI: "....Deck....it´s a SAM site..."

Striker: "Oh...."

Fighter: "Yeah, those pesky russian build, baloon based SAMs."

-Red-Lyfe

Best way to troll DCS community, make an F-16A, see how dedicated the fans really are :thumbup:

Cool plane but training only? Im out.

Pleasure to fly with it inside my M2000C or F-15E one day.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

The Super Tucano is what people are talking about, and as a COIN aircraft, it is probably alot more practical then a plane designed to kill tanks in the cold war. Insurgents have little in the way of tanks.

It´s compatible with targeting pods and carries Paveway IIs and Mavericks.

But all possible replacements for the A-10 failed, that gun is just too useful and the A-10 is too cheap to operate so noone finds reason to replace it, because all options are more expensive and less capable.

Somehow I don't see many Super Tacano's doing bombing runs on youtube. Not to say that they don't...but the Super Tac isn't something that springs to mind when you think 'hmmm, modern day combat....insurgents....tanks...buildings....trucks...ZSUs...etc etc'.

If it'll take 12-18 months to develop a new a/c from scratch to beta (and sale) in DCS, I would rather the devs (ie. ALL devs including ED) think first:

1. what combat scenario are we trying to replicate? ie. modern (FA/18, Tornado, etc) or WW2 (Zero or Betty or B25 or JU88) or Vietnam (Mig 17, F4, A4, A6, F105, F111, etc)

2. how easy is it to replicate? (ie. is it declassified? currently flying? access to current/former pilots?)

3. WHERE will it get used? ie. Caucasus? NTTR? new map?

4. What type of role does/did the aircraft do? ie. fighter superiority? fighter/bomber? bomber? multi-role? training?

5. Will there be demand for it? ie. will it be financially viable? Very important as their sales pay their mortgages. No point investing time/money on a training a/c that noone will buy.

We don't need any more training a/c. Yes I understand these were first used by devs to get a handle of DCS but they are past that now.

What we should do is have a list of MUST HAVES for each combat scenario ie. at a minimum. THEN, the devs can build it. Commercially you have to work from what the customers (ie. us) want and then working back from there, not the other way around eg. 'its easy for us to build a Miles Magister....hey once upon a time someone dropped a bomb from it so we can use it for both free flight and combat missions'. Good luck with that.

I'm proposing we focus on something like (as a bare minimum):

1. WW2

- BF109/FW190 v P51 (already done) with the Spitfire on its way

- B25 v JU88

- Zero v Hellcat

- WW2 map (Normandy, Pacific)

2. Korea

- Mig15 v F86 (already done)

- Korea map

3. Vietnam

- Vietnam map

- Mig 17/21 v F4/F105/A6

- the Huey now has somewhere purposeful to fly

4. Six Day War

- Golan Heights map (or thereabouts)

- F4/Mirage III vs Mig 17/19/21

5. Modern day

- FA/18, Tornado (FA/18 in development)

- Modern day map (Gulf map in development)

- AH64 or AH1Z

The above is just to create a MINIMUM so that MP servers (and SP mission creators) can actually recreate proper historical scenarios not the current mish mash of a/c trying to recreate something in the nevada desert using a/c from 60 years worth of combat.

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super