Operation CRIMSON DAWN (MP mission, 6x A-10C, 2x UH-1)

congrats ;)

We tried Crimson Dawn today with 6x A10-C.

Our first tasking was Mission #1.

We could not Trigger the "on station" call. According to our Tasking we were at the right place.

We then abortet this tasking and received another one. Unfortunately DCS crashed on 4 Mashines within 60 seconds. We believe some kind of memory leak.

Later then I checked the scripting in the Mission editor and found the problem with mission #1.

The triggerzone for seems way to far to the Nortwest. (25nm 300° from expected position)

You may want to look at this.

Greetings,

Tom

We tried Crimson Dawn today with 6x A10-C.

Our first tasking was Mission #1.

We could not Trigger the "on station" call. According to our Tasking we were at the right place.

Yup, we were 10 to 15 nm south of Sukhumi but never got the option to check in with Overlord, the only available F10 option was to "Abort mission".

And guys, next time someone else should fly lead, I feel schizophrenic talking to the SEAD Tornadoes. :lol:

(BTW it was still too dark, I couldn't quite see their skins/tailart. Next time. :))

Edited by Yurgon
Typo

Hey, thanks for the update! I will make sure to update that, perhaps remove the zone altogether and just leave it for players to report in whenever they think they are in position.

I haven't touched DCS for a week now, as I have constant CTDs caused by DX11rendererAPI something... so I will get to fixes and checking once this is solved by ED.

• Like 1
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Thankfully yesterday's DCS patch seems to have fixed most of the stability problems. Today we had a blast flying OP Crimson Dawn with 6 A-10Cs in 1.5. :)

(Except for one client crash)

A few ideas and observations:

• 1.5 appears to have darker nights than 1.2. The first hour or so takes place in complete darkness and the sunrise won't happen until well into the 2nd or 3rd tasking. I think if the mission started roughly 45 to 60 minutes later, most of the flying would take place in the beautiful sunrise, with only an early phase in complete darkness.
  • (Also, the green flood light is currently bugged so that NVGs are required for the start-up, but hopefully that'll get fixed soon)
  • The shelters at Kobuleti are kinda hard to taxi out of; it happened more than once that someone got his wing stuck while taxiing out and then had to grab a new jet and go through the start-up sequence again. It would be somewhat safer (and less taxi ;)) if the flight started from the open ramp.
  • The two F-15Cs parked next to each other at the Kobuleti ramp have different markings, one is from Eglin, the other from Lakenheath.

Speaking of sunrise... :)

[*]The shelters at Kobuleti are kinda hard to taxi out of; it happened more than once that someone got his wing stuck while taxiing out and then had to grab a new jet and go through the start-up sequence again.

ACK and I'd like to add that the status of the shelter doors is odd:

Cockpit-View: closed (and thy are closed. Outch! ;))

F2-View for the other participiants: open

And during ramp I saw an A-10 taxing out of the shelter through this (for my point of view) closed door. I assume a 1.5 issue - so not mission related.

Thanks for offering me a slot in this flight. Was a cool one! :thumbup:

Thankfully yesterday's DCS patch seems to have fixed most of the stability problems. Today we had a blast flying OP Crimson Dawn with 6 A-10Cs in 1.5. :)

(Except for one client crash)

A few ideas and observations:

• 1.5 appears to have darker nights than 1.2. The first hour or so takes place in complete darkness and the sunrise won't happen until well into the 2nd or 3rd tasking. I think if the mission started roughly 45 to 60 minutes later, most of the flying would take place in the beautiful sunrise, with only an early phase in complete darkness.
  • (Also, the green flood light is currently bugged so that NVGs are required for the start-up, but hopefully that'll get fixed soon)
  • The shelters at Kobuleti are kinda hard to taxi out of; it happened more than once that someone got his wing stuck while taxiing out and then had to grab a new jet and go through the start-up sequence again. It would be somewhat safer (and less taxi ;)) if the flight started from the open ramp.
  • The two F-15Cs parked next to each other at the Kobuleti ramp have different markings, one is from Eglin, the other from Lakenheath.

Speaking of sunrise... :)

Thanks Yurgon, I have been a bit inactive waiting for the bugs to be fixed (at least the CTD one), and now I am getting back to work. The priority is finalising the Enemy Within (I really hope to be able to sign it off under 1.5 and send it to testing within (no pun intended) a week, and then I will probably get back to Crimson Dawn. Apart from bug fixes reported here, I would like to see if 1.5 supports radio transmissions in multiplayer and I would really appreciate your help in testing it!

As for your remarks:

- time: I agree and I will change it!

- shelters: I can place the A-10s in the open, no problem. I know the feeling when after 6-7 minutes of startup and pre-flight checkups somebody suddenly hits the shelter with his wing and everyone have to wait...

-F-15s: I will fix that, thanks!

ACK and I'd like to add that the status of the shelter doors is odd:

Cockpit-View: closed (and thy are closed. Outch! ;))

F2-View for the other participiants: open

And during ramp I saw an A-10 taxing out of the shelter through this (for my point of view) closed door. I assume a 1.5 issue - so not mission related.

Thanks for offering me a slot in this flight. Was a cool one! :thumbup:

I am glad it worked - so I understand after the last patch there were no more problems / CTDs / triggers not working (I still haven't fixed the zone in tasking one, that will come soon)?

I am glad it worked - so I understand after the last patch there were no more problems / CTDs / triggers not working (I still haven't fixed the zone in tasking one, that will come soon)?

AFAIR the CTD was in a neutral situation.

But Yurgon can definitely judge better if it was due to 1.5 or mission-related...

Apart from bug fixes reported here, I would like to see if 1.5 supports radio transmissions in multiplayer and I would really appreciate your help in testing it!

Sure thing! :)

Everything worked really well AFAICT. Our taskings were...

1. Recce at Sukhumi

2. Villagers held at gun point by Inf, a few tanks and some APCs (+ a bus needs to be stopped in time)

3. Enemy forces build-up in a village with a railway station, basically a free fire for all mission :)

All these worked fine. I had moved the tigger-zone for the first sub-mission in the ME, and other than that the mission was not modified.

At one point we were asked to tune in to 126 AM and AFAIK each of us heard the following transmissions on that freq, so hopefully you can change the comms back to more realistic radio comms without problems. :thumbup:

And finally all clients can be part of the same group so once that's changed, the NET should be set up correctly by default. :)

• Like 1

Great news, once I finish The Enemy Within I will put some efforts into the Crimson Dawn to use all the possibilities given by 1.5 - and to squash the bugs. If the radio transmissions start to work as intended, that will be great and will add additional realism layer to the mission :) Thanks Yurgon!

Baltic Dragon, I will give this a try, have SU-25Ts been included b the mission?

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys, just found this after purchasing and starting to enjoy The Enemy Within, but desperately wishing it was Coop, which this of course is. Well MP anyway.

Is it possibly to do this campaign using 3 people only, as that's basically the max our little group can get together, and most of the time it's only 2. Real life and small toddlers keep getting in the way of us flying missions together. :(

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Hey! When I have some time I will release some of the Enemy Within missions in coop version, I want to run a poll among those who finished the campaign to choose which missions they would like most. Unfortunately I am currently really busy with other projects (more details in coming days) so it may take some time!

As for Crimson Dawn it shoukd keep you busy for some time as there are quite a few tasks in it and the approach is similar to that found in Enemy Within. I will try to upload an updated version of CD (fully 1.5 ready) in a few days, so stay tuned!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...