G

jafa

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jafa i tell you what could sound better is this when landing:

4.56 on wards a deeper burble of the un burnt fuel hitting the exhaust. Pretty sure theres a more technical term, But could be a little deeper in dcsw.

Edit: This one represents what i mean better @4.18

• 2 weeks later...
Can we get a progress update?

Yes:thumbup: As I mentioned in an earlier post I would be including a tweaked sound set for fans of the P51 RENO racers , the next update will be mostly about that.

Cheers

Jafa

• Like 1

[sIGPIC]picture.php?albumid=1526&pictureid=9861[/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...
Sorry thats not the way I work, releasing stuff in an unfinished state would only bug me .

You can do what you want, but keep in mind that none of us can give you accurate feedback until we test the sounds in-game. 5tuka made a lot of adjustments to his Bf 109K-4 after community testing, and his sounds integrate into DCS better than the other sound mods I have tried.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=153398&highlight=Bf+109K-4

Some past DCS sound packs have been great on youtube but a disappointment after download.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

You can do what you want, but keep in mind that none of us can give you accurate feedback until we test the sounds in-game.

With his incredible work in the IL2 series, I don't think there's anything to worry about in terms of quality. Jafa's work is legendary. :)

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

You can do what you want, but keep in mind that none of us can give you accurate feedback until we test the sounds in-game. 5tuka made a lot of adjustments to his Bf 109K-4 after community testing, and his sounds integrate into DCS better than the other sound mods I have tried.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=153398&highlight=Bf+109K-4

Some past DCS sound packs have been great on youtube but a disappointment after download.

So nice that I have you here to tell me how its done , however when I feel the sounds are near release quality I will give them out to a couple of people for testing and feedback and then I will take it from there.

Cheers

Jafa

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks , thought I would post this , its a method I use to get a feel for how my audio work is developing , doing away with the visual aspect sometimes gives me a better overall impression of where im at.

Video update is in the works , but for now enjoy.

Cheers

Jafa

Edited by jafa

How can i see this thread only now ... :cry:

A W E S O M E

Immersive sound is for me one of the most important fun and pleasure part of a realistic sim.

...can't Wait.

And really glad such a famous sound modder from IL2 times, has become part of the DCS community. ! welcome "Junior" , glad you join the family:megalol:

Thank you to be there.

Edited by snowsniper

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

To me that sounds like it should . But I do work around jets so my opinion is skewed.

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

Normandy is supposed to be available for dl at the end of April.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria