Buy or not?

On the ground, it's easy to see the needle split, it occurs as soon as the fuel control is closed i.e. well above the max clutch engagement speed of 34,000 RPM

With the Gazelle, it's important you reference which needles you mean as the long/short needles are different to the Huey's duel tacho.

wYb18KN.jpg

In the Gazelle the long needle is engine RPM @ 25,500 - 43,500 and the short needle the rotor RPM @ 0 - 378

During DCS auto-rotations, my attention is on the airspeed and the short rotor RPM needle, I'm aware of the needle split but it's not my main focus.

The needles are the same in both helicopters so we're good.

So you say that RL pilots do freewheeling checks with fuel cutoff? That doesn't seem right to me. I can be wrong.

The needles are the same in both helicopters so we're good.

So you say that RL pilots do freewheeling checks with fuel cutoff? That doesn't seem right to me. I can be wrong.

the gazelle does not have a twist grip throttle on the collective. it has a fuel control lever on the roof that you press forward to full and then fuel flow is controlled by a governor.

its French.. I would call the lever on the roof the throttle.

its this lever that Ramsey is referring too. so same as the twist grip in the huey. just in a different place.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

the gazelle does not have a twist grip throttle on the collective. it has a fuel control lever on the roof that you press forward to full and then fuel flow is controlled by a governor.

its French.. I would call the lever on the roof the throttle.

its this lever that Ramsey is referring too. so same as the twist grip in the huey. just in a different place.

Oh ok, thank you. I guess I was suprised to see the word "closed" in his sentence.

thanks bro.

you cannot really close the throttle in the gazelle. it will only go to idle.

you have a fuel pump switch on the console for stopping it and pressurising the system.

it does mean if the governor fails your only real option is to set the throttle to idle and do an autorotation.

rather than control fuel flow manually like you can with the twist grip in the huey.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

you cannot really close the throttle in the gazelle. it will only go to idle.

you have a fuel pump switch on the console for stopping it and pressurising the system.

it does mean if the governor fails your only real option is to set the throttle to idle and do an autorotation.

rather than control fuel flow manually like you can with the twist grip in the huey.

Cool thanks! :thumbup:

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules