Spit trim problems...

I love the spit!

I fly it like a glove...

But i overstress it easily!

Whenever i pull over the 400MPH i break a wing...

(First tought, if the plane was really like that, it would have been a widow maker and not one of the best WII fighters that everybody praise)

now a teammate told me that with Force Feedback you feel it better and is easier to control...

I removed the warthogh stick (with 7,5 inch extension) and tried again the old Sidewinder Force Feedback 2

First impression...

like the old Sidewinder. I miss a lot the extension but seems precise and like the FF.

the problem is i can't tim the plane...

if i leave the stick it just pull up... (so much that it starts making loops!)

even with full trim down...

even with joystick (both real and in game) perfectly centered...

(i tried already FFtune options with swapping axix, invert x and invert y)

i removed any other axis on the pitch in axis controls...

what is happening?

is it a bug?

AMD 5800 x3d Ekwb liquid cooled - 32 GB 2 x 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3600C14D-32GTZ - rtx 3080 Asus Ekwb liquid cooled - Asus Dark Hero X570 - M2 Nvme 1tb 980 pro - M2 Nvme 1tb 970 evo - some other HD

Reverb G2 VR headset  + Leap motion hand controller 

VKB Gunfighter Mk.III ‘Modern Combat Edition’ Ultimate - Extended + Custom made Speed "bugfeedback" stiffening joystick with arduino and DCS Bios - Trhustmaster Wharthog throttle -MFG Crosswinf pedals -Simshaker controling a Jetseat and 2 bassshakers

You must use axes curves, so you won't break those wings. Though, you should be thankful that you can pull those Gs, it means it can REALLY turn.

Sent from my Redmi 5 using Tapatalk

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

You must use axes curves,

ty for the tip!

already messed with them!

and it improved things a little! But feels strange that i must do that for the spit (reduging maximum imput a lot) while i don't need it on other planes...

Still need to solve the pull tendency with the sidewinder!

AMD 5800 x3d Ekwb liquid cooled - 32 GB 2 x 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3600C14D-32GTZ - rtx 3080 Asus Ekwb liquid cooled - Asus Dark Hero X570 - M2 Nvme 1tb 980 pro - M2 Nvme 1tb 970 evo - some other HD

Reverb G2 VR headset  + Leap motion hand controller 

VKB Gunfighter Mk.III ‘Modern Combat Edition’ Ultimate - Extended + Custom made Speed "bugfeedback" stiffening joystick with arduino and DCS Bios - Trhustmaster Wharthog throttle -MFG Crosswinf pedals -Simshaker controling a Jetseat and 2 bassshakers

ty for the tip!

already messed with them!

and it improved things a little! But feels strange that i must do that for the spit (reduging maximum imput a lot) while i don't need it on other planes...

Still need to solve the pull tendency with the sidewinder!

We all have the same "issue", don't worry.. ;)

Sent from my Redmi 5 using Tapatalk

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe if it creaked and groaned more like a real aircraft does to tell you it is unhappy, then you might be prompted to ease off before this happens.

How many wings fell off undamaged Spits during the war - does anyone have records? A story showing the strength of those wings (compared to the pilot onboard) is illustrated here:-( a 600mph dive and a somewhat bent looking spit after recovery) http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20160505-the-spitfires-that-nearly-broke-the-sound-barrier

my problem is not so much the positive g but the negative.

Insta-permanent black out always when your doing a fine adjustment to a shot because the german plane is going a zillion miles an hour forcing the slower spit to strain every sinew just to get a firing solution and then the axis plane stick stirring to avoid getting slammed by shoving forward. If he is pushing / rolling at G, the same I have too, I would expect the same sort of end result. P51 however is glorious and doesn't suffer as much if at all with it. Sometimes if you have cat like reflexes you can grab the stick back and prevent it but it is soooo sudden. Maybe a brief redout or something similar that doesn't result in a smoking hole in the ground is called for.

It will get better with practice and stick time I'm sure, even with the curves and deadzone set you need a bit of responsiveness for T/O and landings.

Maybe if it creaked and groaned more like a real aircraft does to tell you it is unhappy, then you might be prompted to ease off before this happens.

How many wings fell off undamaged Spits during the war - does anyone have records? A story showing the strength of those wings (compared to the pilot onboard) is illustrated here:-( a 600mph dive and a somewhat bent looking spit after recovery) http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20160505-the-spitfires-that-nearly-broke-the-sound-barrier

i know the story prop went off then spit pulled up very hard blacking out pilot and bending wings :)

but it was special version for diving regural mkIX would loost wings

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

i know the story prop went off then spit pulled up very hard blacking out pilot and bending wings :)

but it was special version for diving regural mkIX would loost wings

It was a standard PR.XI.

Wings had no armament but were plumbed for extra fuel.

I have seen no data to suggest the wing was any more or less robust than that fitted to the Mk.IX.

There are a number of anecdotal reports of Mk.IX airframes suffering top wing skin wrinkling due to poor dive-bombing technique - this indicates overstress of the main spar.