Red Alert

Alpenwolf

Red won! The Stennis was destroyed!

It started out with both coalitions being very patient. Red had their MiG's packed in groups of 4 or 6 mostly. At least 15 minutes after mission start, the MiG-21's were all lined up on Sochi's runway and ready for a massive takeoff. Groups of MiG's were flanking from the east keeping a close distance from the southern coast line, while others were just leading the charge through the middle, led by <64C>comie1 and F99th-Misi. The ROSS squadron members among other pilots flying the MiG-21's took it upon themselves to flank west, while keeping very far away from trouble, with S-24 rockets onboard to unleash hell on the Stennis. In time they succeeded to get to the Stennis without being detected flying very close to the Black sea's waters, and delivered a nasty package of rockets setting the carrier on fire. The crew on deck managed to put out the fire and got the Stennis back to status operational-and-ready-go in a short period of time. 1 MiG-21 pilot, ROSS_Pups managed to make it out alive and landed at Batumi's airfield.

Prior to that, 104th_Maverick was engaged in an intensive dogfight with 4 MiG-28's not too far from the Stennis. He managed to kill 2 and was damaged by an AIM-9 missile himself. He RTB'd and tried to land for 4 or 5 times while unable to drop his hook. Eventually he made it after successfully releasing the hook and was welcomed by fireworks set by the MiG-21's on the Stennis.

The second sortie gave 104th_Maverick the chance to destroy 1 (maybe 2) EWR stations, after Red has lost at least 10 MiG's in the first sortie. Meanwhile, ROSS_Pups was sneaking back in with some very bad intentions on his mind. He sunk the ship!

With no home base to return to, the F-14 pilots started praising God and asking for forgiveness for all the nights with them girls and drinks before ejecting over the sea and becoming a hot meal for the Black Sea Monster.

See you all next round!

S!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Thank you so much for hosting, Alpenwolf. I realized after leaving TS that my Mic was muted :/

JG1 definitely enjoyed the scenario and the chance to fly our beloved MiG-21s. We make great decoys for ROSS to slip in and hit the Stennis, twice!

Special thanks from us to to Variable with some fine GCI calls and Davey and #05 with the personal cover.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

The mission was great fun, thank you for hosting Alpenwolf. Our brave diversion from the North will not be forgotten! :P At one point we had 3 or 4 Tomcats chasing us all the way back to Sochi.

DCS module wishlist: F-104S ASA-M Starfighter / F-111F Aardvark / F-4E Phantom II / J 35F2 Draken / J-7M AirGuard / Kfir C.2 / MiG-17F / MiG-21 Bison / Mirage F1 / Su-17M4 / Su-24M / Yak-9U

Callsign Variable here, Just wanted to say well done to the pilots on either side today. Obviously the guys from ROSS had trained up for the specific task and performed beautifully, the gents from the 104th were clearly deadly, the JG1 fellows were a professional lot, and clearly everyone else involved was skilled and disciplined as I don’t think there was a single incident of friendly fire or collisions and RED team put up a long and serious fight.

I know I could have done a few things differently as GCI, so my apologies to any F5’s (or MiG 21s) I put in a bad place. Hopefully next time I can do you guys more justice if I am behind the scope, I know I will do a lot differently if given the chance to do so again.

As for a TacView, apparently if you never get into an aircraft the tape doesn’t start because I tried to share but my tacview recording had zero duration, otherwise I would have attached my track.

Multiplayer as Variable

Asus Z97-A - I7 4790K - 32 GB HyperX - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti - Corsair 750i PSU

TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFDs - CH Pedals - TrackIR 5 - Samsung RU8000 55”

unknown.pngYep! JG1 shows awesome skills! Conversation, flying - all was perfect!

At the second run there was little chances for luck, I’m saw only 2 cats, so we think that 1 cat defend the boat, and ROSS_Pups must depleted his missiles and he did it, he evade from 4 missiles. And than shot 2 rocket. If he was not so lucky, JG1 definitely would have sunk the boat. They was very close and they was didn’t intercepted.

Sorry for my language barrier and malfunctioned SRS.

Maverick was really lucky yesterday;)) the guns from both migs was not ready

Edited by BerryMORE

Не лазить руками туда, куда не лезет голова © USSR_Rik

Callsign Variable here, Just wanted to say well done to the pilots on either side today. Obviously the guys from ROSS had trained up for the specific task and performed beautifully, the gents from the 104th were clearly deadly, the JG1 fellows were a professional lot, and clearly everyone else involved was skilled and disciplined as I don’t think there was a single incident of friendly fire or collisions and RED team put up a long and serious fight.

I know I could have done a few things differently as GCI, so my apologies to any F5’s (or MiG 21s) I put in a bad place. Hopefully next time I can do you guys more justice if I am behind the scope, I know I will do a lot differently if given the chance to do so again.

As for a TacView, apparently if you never get into an aircraft the tape doesn’t start because I tried to share but my tacview recording had zero duration, otherwise I would have attached my track.

Hey, no worries man. Herding cats is hard. You did good. I had a great time and I'm sure most everyone else did too. Good job to the MiG-21 drivers on attacking the Stennis. After I was shot down I watched a stream from blue side perspective. Lets just say the panic was real when ya'll hit that ship.

When I ran my track, Tacview recorded it as if I was about five miles away from where I truly was in the actual event. I know because I got shot by a AIM-7 right after I fired an AIM-9 that hit a Tomcat right in the teeth. That never happened in my track file as my AIM-9 just sailed off into nowhere. In the Tacview file I did see my target rolling out of control falling to the sea when my AIM-9 was supposed to have hit him. I'd gladly trade an F-5, or six for that matter, for a Tomcat kill.:thumbup:

Alpenwolf- There was a question about the black top gun skins (MiG-28) in the beginning. You may or may not know this but if you use USAF Aggressors for the F-5's in the red coalition you will have access to all of the skins available to the US without them having to be on the US/blue side.

Good job putting this together. Looking forward to the next one.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

Yep! JG1 shows awesome skills! Conversation, flying - all was perfect!

At the second run there was little chances for luck, I’m saw only 2 cats, so we think that 1 cat defend the boat, and ROSS_Pups must depleted his missiles and he did it, he evade from 4 missiles. And than shot 2 rocket. If he was not so lucky, JG1 definitely would have sunk the boat. They was very close and they was didn’t intercepted.

Sorry for my language barrier and malfunctioned SRS.

Maverick was really lucky yesterday;)) the guns from both migs was not ready

Thank you gentlemen, pleasure flying with you! I'd love to do more missions with everyone involved, though my suggestion would be to spend more time on planning to know what every group is up to.

Edited by _Firefly

DCS module wishlist: F-104S ASA-M Starfighter / F-111F Aardvark / F-4E Phantom II / J 35F2 Draken / J-7M AirGuard / Kfir C.2 / MiG-17F / MiG-21 Bison / Mirage F1 / Su-17M4 / Su-24M / Yak-9U

Here's a video I found for the event from the point of view of the pilot Baron von Myakin who was part of the first rockets attack on the Stennis:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Thanks for the Tacview file! Cheers!

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

Salute all!

Sorry that I'm writing only now. Low altitude flying by MiG-21 was so intense during the event that I needed to go to the vacation right away after the event's end :laugh:

Thanks a lot to Alpenwolf and all participators - that was interesting and not banal mission. Being honest, I did't suppose that we would have so much success during the flight and I really thought that F-14's will kill all "stone age" planes pretty quick and easy. That's great that that red team was able to give a good resistance to the blues.

JG1 guys, we fly with (or against) your squad every event in Rise of Flight - Butzzell, Klaiber, Luftritter, Loopy, GenMarkof and others are constant team mates or opponents of us. That would be great to keep a same tradition in DCS too (specially as I know you prefer to fly MiG-21bis).

Here is the highlight video cut of the triumph moment of the attack of Stennis:

Good work, gents!

• 2 weeks later...

Alpenwolf- There was a question about the black top gun skins (MiG-28 in the beginning. You may or may not know this but if you use USAF Aggressors for the F-5's in the red coalition you will have access to all of the skins available to the US without them having to be on the US/blue side.

Currently working on round 2 and I just tried that. However, the only paint scheme you get for a Russian F-5 is "USA standard". You have no access to any other schemes. Tried other countries and it seems that the MiG-28 scheme is only avialable for US American F-5's, which is a bit silly actually, because it's supposed to be a MiG-28 and that thing would then be Red and not Blue.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Currently working on round 2 and I just tried that. However, the only paint scheme you get for a Russian F-5 is "USA standard". You have no access to any other schemes. Tried other countries and it seems that the MiG-28 scheme is only avialable for US American F-5's, which is a bit silly actually, because it's supposed to be a MiG-28 and that thing would then be Red and not Blue.

Yeah, I saw that a couple of days ago working on one of my missions but I forgot where I stated that. Apologies for the bad info. It really should be a thing though.

i believe what he meant was that if you add the "USAF Aggressors" to the red side (which is a "nation") then you would have access to this skin on red side

so you would add on red side russia, usaf aggressors etc.

on blue side usa, gb ... etc ...

sigpic.png.4d2403c54e341ae5cf45e3309e87cb2c.png

i believe what he meant was that if you add the "USAF Aggressors" to the red side (which is a "nation") then you would have access to this skin on red side

so you would add on red side russia, usaf aggressors etc.

on blue side usa, gb ... etc ...

Yeah, I figured it out myself. Although a bit too late. Mission's now ready! Will go online soon.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

As I've said before, the mission is ready. Waiting on the 104th guys to confirm a date on which they have a good number of pilots who can show up. The 27th of July is what I'm aiming at. Stay tuned...

Edited by Alpenwolf

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments