Spitfire Start-up

NineLine

Really beautiful...cockpit looks awesome.

Cant wait to fly my new Spit in Normandy...well in all the maps really.

Yep, she sounds great...music not really an issue here. I kinda liked it.

Looking forward to the next video! TO/L...Ummm like next week. Heh!

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

W.I.P. anyone? :music_whistling:

Thanks for the vid Wags, she looks gorgeous :beer: .

S!

I hope,

it looks strange for me from Cold and Dark startup.....

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Wow! New Spitfire is amazing to look at and the video is much appreciated.

Also, the new lighting is spectacular. DCS 1.5/2.0 has excellent lighting (IMHO), especially during transitional times of day (morning/evening), but this new lighting for 2.5 adds so much depth to the mid-day. From the video, it looks to be a big step forward for the overall look and I can't wait to see more of it.

Thanks again for the first look, Spitfire IX is my favorite variant and tied with the P-47D for favorite WWII fighters coming to DCS.

-Nick

Nice Markindel......;-)

P-51, 190-D9, 109-K4, Spitfire MK IX, Normandy, and everything else:joystick:

i7 4770K, 4.3ghz, 32gb ram, Windows-10 Pro, Z87 Exstreme4, Corsair 850w psu, Samsung Evo 1T SSD & 250 SSD, Titan-X 12gb OC, Asus ROG Swift 27"/1440p/144hz/1ms monitor, Trackir 5, TM Warthog & 10cm extension, Saitek TPM, MFG crosswind pedals

I am looking forward very much to this module which I have pre purchased. Just two comments on Matt's video, maybe the crowbar should not be red and my pilot's notes say that engine starting should be accompanied by rapid and vigorous working of the priming pump. Otherwise this latest pixel plane is looking great, I can't wait.

Pete.

I really enjoyed the pre-start up and start up tutorial. I really appreciate getting this video, now. I want to know all the basic procedures ahead of time, so come December 16th I can get right into sim-flying the Spitfire. She sure is a beauty. The team did such an amazing job on her. The Normandy map is going to be utterly gorgeous, too. I can't wait to get my grubby mittens on both! :thumbup: MJ

Great video. Looking forward to the release. Who is the narrator? It sounds a lot like Rob Reider, who narrates many Sporty's Pilot Shop instructional videos and airshows.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals

The BBMF have just posted a video of a start up and full power run of Spitfire AB910 on their Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/RAFConingsby/videos/1640310179599588/

Man look at those exhaust stubs glow! what a glorious sound :)

Noise alert.

Ever wanted to hear Spitfire AB910 undergoing a full power engine test? We were there while its 27 litre Rolls Royce Merlin engine ran at full power. It's worth watching (listening) to the whole 4m20 but if you're in a rush skip to the two minute mark and watch the exhausts glow. Battle of Britain Memorial Flight (Official)

Found it on youtube:

Edited by Alicatt
Found another source for the video

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

Great video. Looking forward to the release. Who is the narrator? It sounds a lot like Rob Reider, who narrates many Sporty's Pilot Shop instructional videos and airshows.

Its Wags ( The producer at ED - Matt Wagner )

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

I really enjoyed the pre-start up and start up tutorial. I really appreciate getting this video, now. I want to know all the basic procedures ahead of time, so come December 16th I can get right into sim-flying the Spitfire. She sure is a beauty. The team did such an amazing job on her. The Normandy map is going to be utterly gorgeous, too. I can't wait to get my grubby mittens on both! :thumbup: MJ

Study up on propeller pitch and rpm's . . . . :)

• Like 1

Yeah....Thanks Sith........Whatever! Now all I want is to see more videos of it and there aren't any.

Tick tock tick tock..........Now the clock will move slower than ever.

.......sooooooooooooo...........true:cry:

P-51, 190-D9, 109-K4, Spitfire MK IX, Normandy, and everything else:joystick:

i7 4770K, 4.3ghz, 32gb ram, Windows-10 Pro, Z87 Exstreme4, Corsair 850w psu, Samsung Evo 1T SSD & 250 SSD, Titan-X 12gb OC, Asus ROG Swift 27"/1440p/144hz/1ms monitor, Trackir 5, TM Warthog & 10cm extension, Saitek TPM, MFG crosswind pedals

Its Wags ( The producer at ED - Matt Wagner )

Dashed odd accent, if you don't mind me saying... Some sort of bally Foreigner!;)

As this is a classic British aircraft, might I suggest that dropping the anachronistic Americanisms (it's a "lee-vah" over here, Chaps) and having someone using a nice clipped RP (that's Received Pronunciation, not a Rocket Projectile) accent to do the voice-overs?

Mind you, the kite herself looks gorgeous! I could hardly believe those were in-game shots when I first saw her on the field there. The cockpit is... to a level I would now expect from ED aircraft - highly detailed and equally immersive. Love the fact the throttle-lever is physically flicking the electrical master switch; a nice wee blink-and-you-miss-it touch

Unfortunately, I think there may be an error or two in this (admittedly pre-release) start-up tutorial.

1. Doesn't one prime the fuel pipes (with fuel pump or manual wobble-pump) to remove air-locks before priming the cylinders?
  2. At ~5:00 it should be the Fuel Pump Switch (below elevator trim wheel) that is flicked on for 30 seconds (in lieu of operating the hand wobble-pump, not "set the fuel pressure cock to on" - that's the thing on the starboard side, below the dash.
  3. Start-up sequence at ~5:30 onwards is at odds with that as listed in the appropriate Pilot's Notes - paras. 36. For the tl:dr generation, this states that one should move the idle cut-off lever (lee-vah) to RUN before pressing the starter and booster buttons, not after. It also states that one then releases only the starter button, keeping the booster button depressed and working the priming pump (if necessary) until the engine catches. The video sequence is reminiscent of the P-51...
  4. No smoke?:music_whistling:

http://www.zenoswarbirdvideos.com/Images/spit/SPIT9MANUAL.pdf

• Like 2

My *new* AV-8B sim-pit build thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3901589

The old Spitfire sim-pit build thread circa '16/17:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=143452

^ Wags is the only native English speaking person amongst ED producers, so he always narrates these teaser / work in progress videos for Western customers. Would You prefer to have on of the Russian guys narrating it in rough "Engrish"? :D

Doesn't mean that he will be narrator in the actual in-game training mission though. Looking at recent ED-produced modules, they hired someone from German community to narrate tutorials for the Bf-109, and someone from Russian to narrate tutorials for L-39, so who knows, maybe they'll find some Brit to do the talking for the Spit.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

^ Wags is the only native English speaking person amongst ED producers, so he always narrates these teaser / work in progress videos for Western customers. Would You prefer to have on of the Russian guys narrating it in rough "Engrish"? :D

Doesn't mean that he will be narrator in the actual in-game training mission though. Looking at recent ED-produced modules, they hired someone from German community to narrate tutorials for the Bf-109, and someone from Russian to narrate tutorials for L-39, so who knows, maybe they'll find some Brit to do the talking for the Spit.

I'm not volunteering for that, my voice is in one game and that is enough, you really need someone with a good old fashioned stiff upper lip ;)

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron