JPT -REG. TEST

Golo

Small bug with indication of JPT -REG. TEST procedure.

As of now positioning JPT -REG. TEST switch to position I and II will illuminate JPT 700°C lamp in both C and ZA.

According to the manuals JPT -REG. TEST switch in position II should illuminate JPT 730°C lamp.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

You know, it is probably just a simple copy/paste error they missed when coding. I tried looking, with no luck, but maybe if we submit a proper bug fix request and support it, it can be fixed.

It is a lot of work building those lamps and I would love it if they all worked correctly. :)

Or WTF, maybe this particular batch of machines had the upper annunciator disabled and only used the lower bulb for both. The thing is, you don't know one way or another - well unless you happen to own a RL example and are very well versed with all the RL mods and subtypes and what have you ;)

EDIT: And yet, it most likely is an ED bug that's been there for ages already...

Edited by msalama

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

No, of course it should be fixed, was just flapping my lips. IIRC the release version of the module had it right, but the next patch broke it already and it has been broken ever since.

Edited by msalama

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

I agree this would be great to have this fixed, also don't know if this is a bug but putting the JPT REG Test on position II after startup stopped the engine for me and my friend. I think I remember I read that it is not recommended to use it after engine start as it interferes with the fuel shutoff valve or something, but why would only the button II stop the engine then and not both?

Again, maybe this is accurate but I was curious about why exactly it behaves that way.

On 4/30/2021 at 6:16 PM, Raphy said:

I agree this would be great to have this fixed, also don't know if this is a bug but putting the JPT REG Test on position II after startup stopped the engine for me and my friend. I think I remember I read that it is not recommended to use it after engine start as it interferes with the fuel shutoff valve or something, but why would only the button II stop the engine then and not both?

Again, maybe this is accurate but I was curious about why exactly it behaves that way.

With the WOW increasing the engine temperature to 700°C (actually 685°C+-15°C) will only cause fuel regulator to limit fuel supply to limit engine over temperature. But if temperature rises to 730°C (actually 715°C+-15°C) with WOW fuel shut off valve will close causing engine to shut down. If in air only warning light will illuminate without engine shut down, that will only happen after landing with WOW automatically.

Now I am not sure if the test switches actually energize whole limiting system or just the C/W lights. If they energize whole system then only test pos. II would close the fuel valve and shut the engine down.

• Like 1