New Helmet Decal - how to - Page 5 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-18-2019, 06:40 PM   #41
harvesthunt

FYI. In reality USMC Harrier drivers ALWAYS wear camo helmets. It's for them to remember they are riflemen first and foremost. Harrier pilots actually train with ground units thus creating the synergy. A ground pounder can always look up and rely on their brother grunts in the sky.

That being said. I LOVE to see the helmets skins. Some are really bad A$$
harvesthunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 09:53 PM   #42
VampireNZ

Edit: Forget it. It seems asking for help with anything on this aircraft is like pulling teeth. Does anyone even fly this anymore? Judging by the Qty in the User Files section it doesn't seem like it. It has been out what - several years?

In any case it seems you just need to fix this stuff yourself - have changed the default helmet texture to camo, along with a bunch of other 'fixes' (readable warning lights/clean canopy etc).

Last edited by VampireNZ; 07-02-2019 at 07:31 PM.
VampireNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 08:03 PM   #43
Cutlass72

I have a selection of helmet logos on one template for PS only though, all you'd need to do as add your own logo with a new layer and uncheck the others, I add multiple ones as the positioning and size is correct for me. I can make the PSD available on my google drive if that would help anyone.
Cutlass72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 10:12 PM   #44
Cutlass72

Cutlass72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 04:23 PM   #45
shagrat
ED Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampireNZ View Post
Edit: Forget it. It seems asking for help with anything on this aircraft is like pulling teeth. Does anyone even fly this anymore? Judging by the Qty in the User Files section it doesn't seem like it. It has been out what - several years?

In any case it seems you just need to fix this stuff yourself - have changed the default helmet texture to camo, along with a bunch of other 'fixes' (readable warning lights/clean canopy etc).
Oh, you can bet on it... it is in OpenBeta/early access for about a year now and currently Razbam adds features and updates very frequently. With bomb delivery modes added, Updates to the MFD pages, complex INS/GPS alignment procedures for land, carrier with and without SINS, etc. it is a blast to fly and do ground attack.
CCIP-to-AUTO conversion and proper altitude modes (RCIP, BCIP, GCIP) with target designation from INS waypoint, markpoints or DMT, starts establishing it as a fast and deadly alternative to the A-10C and other CAS/Strike aircraft.
I love this little bugger!

You may want to look at the last video from Redkite showing the new CCIP update:

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
Win 10 | i5 7600K@4.0GHz | 32GB | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | TM HOTAS Warthog custom extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs |a hand made UFC | AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)
shagrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 07:52 PM   #46
Vfa-81 Fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvesthunt View Post
FYI. In reality USMC Harrier drivers ALWAYS wear camo helmets.
Look!
A fake MARINE is planejacking a Harrier

Old 07-13-2019, 01:33 PM   #47
shagrat
ED Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vfa-81 Fix View Post
Look!

A fake MARINE is planejacking a Harrier

He was a bit generalizing. In Combat they wear the camo to remind them, they are foremost Marines and aviators second.

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
Win 10 | i5 7600K@4.0GHz | 32GB | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | TM HOTAS Warthog custom extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs |a hand made UFC | AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)
shagrat is offline   Reply With Quote