Trim?

Kev2go

This!

It's be like saying, I really like the AV-8B and all, but not having A-A radar is an inconvenience, option please?

As for options with auto rudder for takeoff assistance, near enough all of us (I imagine have sticks) but a few of us (most? some? throw me a bone here) don't have pedals and have fairly lackluster yaw control, and for some WWII birds are a pain in the backside to take off even with pedals, let alone with a twisting joystick.

I don't personally use it, but to me adding trim would be kind-of like giving aircraft easy mode flight characteristics, or more convenient radars, or weapons.

That would be moral equivalency fallacy. No its not the same as Av8b lack of radar or giving it more potent missiles.. AS already demonstrated the pitch down is abnormal, and there is in fact was an option to adjust horizontal and vertical stabilizers on the ground pre flight.

nor is trim any kind of must have for a plane.

If I fly a plane and it behaves like that, then for me yes it is a must have.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3909913&postcount=37

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

The 737 has trim and autopilot and it still likes to nose down... Too soon?

I do not think the real Huey had trim, but does in DCS. Slight break in realism helps in the game world. I like to grab a beer during ferry, something I know the real life vietnam huey pilots would have loved. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109

Well there are all kinds of things that don't suit every bodies personal preference. If the aircraft behaved that way, it should do so in a simulation. I don't see why your sensitivity on the matter should play any role in this discussion.

That would be moral equivalency fallacy.

Fair enough, but then it's called a false equivalence, based on exaggeration.

there is in fact was an option to adjust horizontal and vertical stabilizers on the ground pre flight.

Then that is what should be wished for, which, yes go for it.

It's kind of like switching off VRS, translating tendencies and all of the other stuff with helicopters because it's a must have if helicopters are hard to fly... I'm sorry but this is kinda what DCS is for.

You could say about the auto-rudder and takeoff assistance, but then not all of us have pedals/decent yaw on our controls, which is where that comes in.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

This is how significant the nose down is when i let go of the stick. Note the axis view window, that i am not pushing it down

It doesn't feel like neutral at all, and it feels almost as if it were drastically trimmed downwards. ( that is if there was trim)

So yes i think you can understand why lack of trim is a real nuisance

Just wind on 10 degrees of flap - it alleviates the nose-down bias of the I-16 in cruise and doesn't appreciably slow it down. As a Canadian you must know about Canuck ace, Stocky Edwards, who invented all sorts of techniques to over-come the poor handling of the early P-40s he flew in north Africa. This little I-16 is a ton of fun to fly, even without trim controls.

It's mildly humorous to consider that most in this thread have not been involved in flying WW1 sims. Never, did I see complaints about lack of trim in those early planes, from users (yes it was a bit of pain, after an hour or so it was a lot of pain). To my knowledge, the I-16 only had an hour or less of fuel, still the real world pilots were quite fatigued after their sortie. Most DCS users are picky about realism and that is the way this model has been built.

It's the prerogative of developers whether or not to make a game-mode model. If that is what you want - find a way to ask them about it. I see no reason to have people line up and have verbal contests over it.

Win 10 64 bit

Intel I-7 7700K

32GB Ram

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6gig

It's also worth mentioning that, as supposed, as your fuel tank get's emptied, the nose down "heaviness" fades proportionally... Of course an empty tank far from home is a lot more worrying than having to use a bit of fwd stick in cruise :-)

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

That would be moral equivalency fallacy. No its not the same as Av8b lack of radar or giving it more potent missiles.. AS already demonstrated the pitch down is abnormal, and there is in fact was an option to adjust horizontal and vertical stabilizers on the ground pre flight.

Dude I don't think you understand that trim has to be built into the plane. It's exactly like asking for an A2A radar or stuff like that: it's entire systems that weren't on the plane.

Get over it, faking an entire airplane isn't feasible, not even War Thunder adds fake trim (afaik, haven't played in a long time, but from my memory planes had their appropriate trim controls.)

If you want to fly hands off the stick buy an F-18.

Perhaps its the ones who were spreading ( however unintentional), misinformation should be the ones who should be embarrassed before scalding others for not doing enough research before pre purchasing a module. Seriously I16 might be some ones passion plane here, with some things being obvious for them, but not everyone is a know it all with regards to every single aircraft in existence and their intricate trivia, especially if its not some well known icon.
Well, I-16 is a well known icon, but…

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

• 3 weeks later...
Dude I don't think you understand that trim has to be built into the plane. It's exactly like asking for an A2A radar or stuff like that: it's entire systems that weren't on the plane.

Get over it, faking an entire airplane isn't feasible, not even War Thunder adds fake trim (afaik, haven't played in a long time, but from my memory planes had their appropriate trim controls.)

If you want to fly hands off the stick buy an F-18.

Seems somone wasn't paying attention to the conversation and new information that followed.

To eliminate the reactive torque of the propeller the vertical stabilizer of the aircraft was installed with displacement from the longitudinal axis of the aircraft. Since the M-22 and M-25 (M-62) engines had a different direction of rotation, the I-16 type 4 had a turn of the the vertical stabilizer to the right by 2 degrees, for all subsequent types the vertical stabilizer was turned to 2 degrees to the left. The horizontal stabilizer could be adjusted on the ground within 3 degrees to achieve the most acceptable loads on the pilot's control stick for different CG options.

We need an option to regulate the stab befor the flight depending on CG, I think this is enough.

because otherwise no i wont get over not being able to adjust considering such a possibility exists for the ground crew to do so . I will wait until such a feature gets added before doing any serious flying.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Well, I-16 is a well known icon, but…

S!

You want to know what true icons are? the kind of aircraft that are so widely recognized even across the world you can stand up just Utter their names out loud , and that anyone in the general vicinity who isn't into aviation/ simulation or what not , will still receive recollection.

Say Spitfire, P51 (or Mustang), F16 (Viper, or Fighting Falcon), etc And these sorts of names will most of the time instantly click among many.

Can you say the same for the I16? No you cant, at least perhaps not unless your in Russia.

Hell even with how iconic the F16 is and how more widespread information on it is within English language, ED nonetheless lists the features that the block will come with, and even with said features listed, People still argue over what valid or not, or wish list features from different blocks.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

You want to know what true icons are? the kind of aircraft that are so widely recognized even across the world you can stand up just Utter their names out loud
You just described I-16. Anyone who isn't into aviation know any of those aircraft you name, don't fool yourself, they just don't. Even in Britain most today's kids don't know what a Spitfire is, and Britain and Spitfire is probably the most widely known icon. If you are into aviation and don't know an icon in aviation history as I-16 is you really aren't into aviation.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

@Kev2go Looks like "AutoTrimmer" was added as an option to the gameplay tab in settings this update in beta (or recently). Might want to give it a try and see if it does anything for I-16.

yea it does, but its a general feature that applies to any aircraft.

Should also be noted the auto trim does feel still too stiff, adjusting too instantly, not even the Hornet auto trims in a millisecond.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

I love using slight flaps to keep her level but what I really love is when you go full flaps you feel like your flying a WW1 bird.The lift is so strong you can feel it and I always envisioned flaps working like this but this is first sim that made that impression for me. :)

"Its easy,place the pipper on target and bombs away." :pilotfly:

i7-8700k/GTX 1080ti/VKB-GladiatorPRO/VKB-T-rudder Pedals/Saitek X55 throttle

I love using slight flaps to keep her level but what I really love is when you go full flaps you feel like your flying a WW1 bird.The lift is so strong you can feel it and I always envisioned flaps working like this but this is first sim that made that impression for me. :)

even in small GA planes irl flaps are quite the kick in the rear when you lower them. You can really feel it. But visually it can be hard to notice.

at least perhaps not unless your in Russia.

& Russia doesn't count right ?

Only English speaking people count.

When operation Barbarossa started the Russians had 1,635 I-16 fighting against the Emils.

Cheers.

Easy solution for weak-wristed pilots of DCS I-16: use a CH stick. It has physical "trim" wheels for pitch and roll. Problem solved.

As far as F/A-18s flying hands off - Blue Angels add some forward trim when performing to take up the slack in the controls and give them a better "feel" for the jet. Also they don't wear g-suits, so their arms don't move when the bladders inflate under G.

I don't have the I-16 module (yet) but it sound like fun (the IL-2 BoX I-16 is a hoot!), trim or no trim. And it seems to me, if it is pitching down, just go faster! Eventually you should get to the trim speed for your configuration and weight. Every plane I have flown IRL reacts the same: go faster than trim speed, it will nose up, go slower than trim speed, it will nose down. They are built that way!

Cheers,

Kirk

don't buy a module until someone's made a review to avoid any surprise. because this certainly wasn't a disclaimer listed on the purchasing page

......these aircraft are based on real aircraft. Your first stop should be wikipedia or some aviation history websites to give you an idea what the aircraft is like. THEN you go to YouTube to see what kind of bugs it has. A Youtube review first presumes the Youtuber isn't an ignorant jackass and/or already did the footwork, neither of which can be relied on.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

& Russia doesn't count right ?

Only English speaking people count.

When operation Barbarossa started the Russians had 1,635 I-16 fighting against the Emils.

Only people from America count, and western Europeans count at a 1 ''count'' for 2 people basis ;) The rest of the world doesn't exist

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I still don't know what's the problem here. Nowhere on the A-10C shop page is stated, that it can't land on a carrier, or that it has no fly by wire system. Normally you write down features it has, not features it doesn't have. And the developer can't know, which feature is a showstopper for you and which isn't. If you want to know something about a module, google the real one, and wait for the first review videos. But don't complain when you just can't wait to give your money away..

"Sieh nur, wie majestätisch du durch die Luft segelst. Wie ein Adler. Ein fetter Adler."

http://www.space-view.net

Use curves, problem solved.

A totally different phenomenon.

It isn't a problem to have no trim in the I-16, it is an important feature of flying the beast. Just as hand cranking the undercarriage up whilst keeping the speed low after takeoff is a necessary skill too.

"Vive la difference" as the Welsh would say!

If you have access to the classic CH Flightstick you can ”trim” by using the wheels on the base. It trims the joystick hardware independent of any control bindings in game. Perfect for modules that lack certain trim controls like WWII german aircrafts and should work well with the I-16 too.

If you have access to the classic CH Flightstick you can ”trim” by using the wheels on the base. It trims the joystick hardware independent of any control bindings in game. Perfect for modules that lack certain trim controls like WWII german aircrafts and should work well with the I-16 too.

CH Fighterstick Pro has these as well .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2