DCS: Mi-24P - What we know + Discussion

MrDieing

The Mi-24 is a beast, as we all know. So, what kind of a shot must that have been to make it roll over so quickly and plummet into the ground like that?! It's not like it's an airplane losing a wing and immediately starts rolling or something. To make a sudden roll like that, the rotary disc would need to be tilted all the way to the left. Can't think of a shot of any kind that can cause that, unless that shot hit the pilot in such a way making him push the stick to the left so hard.

I'm just trying to make sense of it. Maybe because I love the flying tank so much so I don't like accepting the fact, that it can be brought down so quickly.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

A direct hit from close range at low altitude with any modern MANPAD would bring down pretty much every helicopter, whether you like it or not.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

DCS: Mi-24P - What we know + Discussion

I assume the tail rotor was hit or otherwise damaged. This would cause a sudden violent yawing. So close to ground the has had almost no time to react somehow.

Excessive input in one axis can cause input and reaction in the other axes.

IIRC rapid nose down pitching can make a Robinson R22/R44 roll upside down

Edited by WhiskyDelta

• 3 weeks later...

Find by Silver Dragon on the Rusian forum :

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...postcount=1488

Ka-50 rework planned for 2019 !

Really ?

Is that one of the ED priority for 2019? cry.gif

A lot of people are waiting some news concerning the Mi-24 project and now we have an announcement that will require human and material resources on a module that is almost 10 years old!

I think that only a few people are still flying with the KA-50 (and I am one of them) but I'm not sure that's what the people expect, in any case this is probably not a priority...

I am still flying with the KA-50 because, as for now, it's the only real combat helicopter available on DCS !

ED, it's time to wake up and to give us some news on the Mi-24 Hind...

Sorry if each months we have the same request...but it becomes a real frustration. You have annouced this module on multiple occassions so...Santa Claus is coming and I hope that he will bring some news in his basket ! music_whistling.gif

I was already hoping that during the black Friday ! noexpression.gif

Originally Posted by domhaus viewpost.gif

This year, the module will be released?

not. But in development. Although not a priority.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3694975&postcount=1472

When I translate the russian forum I can also read some disappointment...

In development, not a priority....All is said !

Notting more to add, now we know what to expect sad.gif

BSK team has your priorities, ED has ours plans.... and "All has subject to change", what do you dont understand?

yeah that's correct, all has subject to change :

Source : DCS World Newsletter - 29 December 2017

We and our partners plan even bigger and better things for 2018 to include:

• DCS World 2.5 by the end of January
  • DCS: F/A-18C Hornet
  • DCS: Strait of Hormuz Map
  • DCS: F-14 Tomcat
  • DCS: JF-17
  • DCS: MiG-19
  • DCS: Mi-24P Hind
  • DCS: F-4E Phantom II
  • DCS: Bo-105
  • C-101CC variant for the DCS: C-101 module
  • DCS: Yak-52
  • DCS: I-16
  • DCS: Christen Eagle II
  • New aircraft carriers
  • Other new maps and continued updates to our existing maps
  • Several other unannounced projects

BSK is now ED, when my boss told me to do something...

I am waiting the ED plans for 2019 with a lot of impatience, maybe in the last DCS newsletter of 2018...

IIRC ED stated that after the F-18, the F-16 will be made, then only they'll start on the Mi-24, F-4 and Ah-1, in no particular order.

Edited by cypc

"You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to your level of preparation."

And of course..... you continue lost the point.... That was a "PLANS" list no promises write on stone.

BSK is now ED, when my boss told me to do something...

Please, dont brake the rules....

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3696955&postcount=1480

From last Chizh russian Q&A, on a question about BSK plans...... He can´t talk about your plans by need coming the BSK producer (similarly to the WW2 producer).....

By PilotM8 (BSK team member and "3rd party development" no ED team) about Mi-24 release on 2018.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3694975&postcount=1472

not. But in development. Although not a priority.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

Ka-50 rework planned for 2019 !

Really ?

Is that one of the ED priority for 2019? cry.gif

A lot of people are waiting some news concerning the Mi-24 project and now we have an announcement that will require human and material resources on a module that is almost 10 years old!

I think that only a few people are still flying with the KA-50 (and I am one of them) but I'm not sure that's what the people expect, in any case this is probably not a priority...

I am still flying with the KA-50 because, as for now, it's the only real combat helicopter available on DCS !

I believe this won't start a flamewar but isn't it a bit shaky to suggest ED should abandon old modules and concentrate on milking the new (and often half-finished) ones? Come to think of it there's a few modules where there is at least some talk of re-implementation - although some of those are old and unfinished.

As you say the Ka-50 is the only real attack helicopter, and I believe it's quite central to many heli players. It's a stable module and a capable aircraft and ED is able to sell it without huge discounts and massive bundles - probably lots more fun to fly than many newer modules. It's kind of a "founder" module though I'd probably agree with you to the extent that it's been overshadowed by all the fixed wing hype... the situation for helicopters could be better in a couple of years since we have 4 highly capable combat helicopters in the roadmap.

The Mi-24 statement does feel a bit like a cold shower :cry: I doubt the Ka-50 rework is higher priority than Mi-24, the latter of course has more commercial potential in the short term. I hope they will improve the environment around the Mi-24 while we're waiting for it.

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

A source for that could be nice?

You're asking for some heavy digging there :detective:

I managed to get those :

While the F-4E is still planned, we have other modules in higher priority like the Hornet, Yak-52, Mi-24, F-16, and AH-1. Focus on the F-4E will come once we clear several of these projects.

So, I would not expect any F-4E news for quite some time.

Thanks

We understand your feelings folks, but this is also a classic case of damned if we do, damned if we don't. We do though strongly feel that there are a LOT more customers that are eager to fly a Viper in DCS World. The Phantom will be coming though, just a bit further back in the cue.

Thanks,

Matt

Our focus is on the Hornet. Please do not expect any Viper news until next year at the earlist.

Thanks!

Edit: Viper here meaning F-16, not AH-1

"You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to your level of preparation."

If you go to the Ka50 forum area... tons of people are very upset about no fixes for the Ka50. So while you lament not getting your hind quickly. There are far more that are upset that the Ka50 cockpit hasn't been fixed as of yet.

This sim is in a constant state of flux.. patience is a virtue here. Especially when you consider that flux is always in a progressive/improving flux.

I still cry into my Wheaties every morning that the F4 is on hold. But I'm not complaining about it.

If you go to the Ka50 forum area... tons of people are very upset about no fixes for the Ka50. So while you lament not getting your hind quickly. There are far more that are upset that the Ka50 cockpit hasn't been fixed as of yet.

This sim is in a constant state of flux.. patience is a virtue here. Especially when you consider that flux is always in a progressive/improving flux.

I still cry into my Wheaties every morning that the F4 is on hold. But I'm not complaining about it.

That's why such forum exists, to discuss and to share everybody opinion...

Some people have more patience than others... It's as simple as that ! smilewink.gif

You don't want to complain...fine for me.

If I want to share my frustration regarding the lack of information for a particular module, for sure I will continue to do it ! As many of us...Because that's the passed and the actual story of the Mi-24 module.

Each effect as a cause...

For sure, be prepare to heard more complains from other simers after the full stop development of VEAO with DCS. music_whistling.gif

Let's go forward with the same passion :

Best regards from Belgium,

Chris

Good to hear about reworking the Ka-50! Finally, man :thumbup:

ED is big enough to have more than one project running at the same time as other projects are. They have different teams working on different things. The Mi-24 is still in the making so no reason there to fret.

The Mi-24 was announced long before the F-16. No doubt the Mi-24 will be here first before the F-16, AH-1 and F-4.

Will they release the Mi-24 in 2018? I don't think so. They merely said they would, but never confirmed it. 2019 is more likely.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

I honestly was expecting the Mi-24 to fly before midsummer(*. Now the clouds are gathering and there are many doubts :(

Maybe we reads too much into one statement. I certainly appreciate them informing us - bad news that come early are better than ones that come late to a community with lots of expectations.

It's difficult to speculate on modules when there are many unknowns like possible problems with partners and ED developers. Not to mention commercial priorities. I don't think we'll see F-16 for a while, ED must see it as a major module like the hornet. Cobra I believe is not high priority either - who knows. The Mi-24 is more famous I would think.

I'm too much an optimist when it comes to DCS.

*) Talking of midsummer 2019 here. (EDIT)

Let's go forward with the same passion :

Best regards from Belgium,

Chris

Thanks for lifting up the mood :smilewink:

Edited by Varis

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

You weren't the only one thinking the hind might come this year. I figured it would given BST's usual release pattern. Hopefully we see it in 2019. An updated Ka-50 is nice, but I'm bored with it after 10 years, need something different. I'm also bored with US fixed wing...

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.

... I'm also bored with US fixed wing...

There aren't much russian planes we can get any more. Maybe the Su-17. Maybe the Su-24 (can't imagine this one gets ever made. Maybe in 20 years if retired). The rest is probably classified or hard to get licence for.

The MiG-19 is coming soon. After that work on the MiG-23 will start immediately (confirmed by RAZBAM). The Mi-24 is being developed. That's it. Nothing else on the russian side. Maybe the MiG-27 once we have the MiG-23.

Only WWll russian planes remain and maybe very old helicopters; Mi-2, Mi-4 and Mi-6.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

In another post, Silver Dragon is announcing the Mi-24 for 2020....just an expectation, not confirmed.

I am curious to see the ED projects planned for 2019.

Maybe we will get more news in their last Weekend news of 2018 or in the first one of 2019.

Let us cross our fingers and hope that that is so...

Hard to translate (Bengali)music_whistling.gifbut a nice video on russian helicopters and Mi-24/35 in particular:

There aren't much russian planes we can get any more. Maybe the Su-17. Maybe the Su-24 (can't imagine this one gets ever made. Maybe in 20 years if retired). The rest is probably classified or hard to get licence for.

The MiG-19 is coming soon. After that work on the MiG-23 will start immediately (confirmed by RAZBAM). The Mi-24 is being developed. That's it. Nothing else on the russian side. Maybe the MiG-27 once we have the MiG-23.

Only WWll russian planes remain and maybe very old helicopters; Mi-2, Mi-4 and Mi-6.

I don't think that's it for russian planes.

Especially in the 70s and early 80s there were quite a number of different airframes in soviet service, which I am sure aren't classified anymore like the Su-15, Yak-28, Tu-128, Yak-38, MiG-25, maybe a Tu-16 or Tu-22 Blinder (no Backfire). Speaking of helos you are right, there aren't many different types in soviet service.