SPO-10 RWR behavior

Bogey Jammer

The first paragraph says that all 4 channels will operate on the ground and air at a distance of up to 20-25km due to the ground controlled approach system. That's an example of a radar system powerful enough to saturate all 4 channels at a reasonable range.

You're right, "illumination cycle" is referring to the enemy radar sweep and not to the light on the indicator. If I have to guess the light and sound operate in synchronization and will respond with 1, 2, 3 sound-light events depending on the strength of the sweeping radar.

A lock on of low strength (distant) should produce 1 sound-light event per sweep but the sweeps are common because a locked radar sweeps the target quite often compared to normal scan. As the lock on is of a higher strength these common illumination cycles consist of a series of double or triple sound-light events effectively doubling or tripling the frequency of signaling.

In the extreme case a high power (close) locked on radar is sweeping at perhaps 1-3 Hz and each sweep is triggering a triple indication for a total flickering and sounding frequency of 3-9 Hz.

All these are great discussions and people who know to produce these discussions are really appreciated.

But how far can DCS and 3rd party devs go and how much code they need to type in for all the parametres to take place and work as they should as far as gameplay concern?

My poor opinion is that in situations like these instead we push the devs to simulate something that complicated we should let them come to a simple and logic solution that we will accept and understand the simple fucntionallity and not struggle with replicating everything.

Radar signals in DCS atm are simple and RWR will go that way too.

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led

My poor opinion is that in situations like these instead we push the devs to simulate something that complicated we should let them come to a simple and logic solution that we will accept and understand the simple fucntionallity and not struggle with replicating everything.

Radar signals in DCS atm are simple and RWR will go that way too.

I agree, but don't worry the purpose of this topic is not to define a total emulation of the system, but to lay down the basic principles of the system that are not well explained in the pilot's manual and not very well simulated in DCS.

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

I agree, but don't worry the purpose of this topic is not to define a total emulation of the system, but to lay down the basic principles of the system that are not well explained in the pilot's manual and not very well simulated in DCS.

Thats my point :thumbup: This discussions should be kept in a study level and not asking for such complicated things in a simulation that servers gameplay :pilotfly:

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led