How about the F16?

Yung Dübel

It will come before the F-4 though... :music_whistling:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I'd swap my F/A-18 for an F-16 in a nanosecond.

I reluctantly admit that I am right with you there! :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

YOu know before the hornet released i too i thought i would prefer the F16 by a wide margin , but its not such a easy clear cut decision

Whilst i would prefer the Flight characteristic of the F16 over hornet, and its also nice that the Viper can Lug bombs in bundles of 3 per hardpoint with TER mounts, but In terms of Cockpit and avionics set up The the F18 is more user friendly and more digitally integrated than the Viper.

F/A18's UFC is more intuitive than the F16's ICP & DED

EW is more digitally integrated ( AN/ALR 67 v3 RWR is also later development than the AN/ALR 56) along with Instruments for Engine and Fuel management also being digital vs analog , and having a 3rd multipurpose display over just two is also nice, which means sensor deprivation is never a thing.

The only feature the F16 has over the Late C model Hornet that i wish i had in DCS ( Ie F16CM) post ccip upgrades which give fully colour capable displays, whilst in the Hornets AMPCD is the only display with colour capability, and the 2 DDI's are still archiac monochrome Green CRT monitors.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

YOu know before the hornet released i too i thought i would prefer the F16 by a wide margin , but its not such a easy clear cut decision

Whilst i would prefer the Flight characteristic of the F16 over hornet, and its also nice that the Viper can Lug bombs in bundles of 3 per hardpoint with TER mounts, but In terms of Cockpit and avionics set up The the F18 is more user friendly and more digitally integrated than the Viper.

F/A18's UFC is more intuitive than the F16's ICP & DED

EW is more digitally integrated ( AN/ALR 67 v3 RWR is also later development than the AN/ALR 56) along with Instruments for Engine and Fuel management also being digital vs analog , and having a 3rd multipurpose display over just two is also nice, which means sensor deprivation is never a thing.

The only feature the F16 has over the Late C model Hornet that i wish i had in DCS ( Ie F16CM) post ccip upgrades which give fully colour capable displays, whilst in the Hornets AMPCD is the only display with colour capability, and the 2 DDI's are still archiac monochrome Green CRT monitors.

The F/A-18 is growing on me but i've had too many decades in F4/BMS to let the F-16 go. I prefer the Viper in a dogfight and it just looks so much better. ;)

Having both is the best plan and hopefully, it will happen.

Buzz

Ahah! Then what about another 'How about the AH-64' thread? Better? :megalol:

but the difference is the F16C block 50 is officially confirmed.

We all know its going to be going into development after the Hornet is out of EA, while the Ah64 is not yet on the "to do list". IRRC for the time being we have to settle for the antiquated Ah1S Cobra.

Which means there are no more needs for " Gib me an F16" threads.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

...unless you're at bingo fuel somewhere over the deep blue sea and your only available landing field is a tiny little aircraft carrier... :P

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

"but the difference is the F16C block 50 is officially confirmed."

They said "It's not a matter of if but when" regarding the AH64... so... Sounds confirmed to me :)

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

"but the difference is the F16C block 50 is officially confirmed."

They said "It's not a matter of if but when" regarding the AH64... so... Sounds confirmed to me :)

yea but not anytime soon.

With the F16 its 100% sure thing ( and you know the variation), and basically in the intimidate to do list right after the Hornet.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

When Hornet is out of EA?

Haha. You mean in 2050?

More like 2019- 2020

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro