[WORKAROUND] setting Viggen HOTAS controls causes options OK to give black screen

So I took the plunge with the summer sale offered by ED on site, and purchased both Viggen and Spitfire. On attempting to clear default HOTAS binds, I clear each category under stick, throttle and pedals, namely weapon fire and the POV non existent binds. Then I click OK to save the options and return to the main menu when the screen suddenly goes black and the music is still running in the background.

This infuriated me a little bit, so I decided not to do it from the interface main menu but from inside the cold start mission (using Control Assignments from the ESC menu while ingame). Now in game its much simpler and straightforward, just takeoff and get high and away from all textures and ground and airbases and look up to get 30 fps (SysSpecs below). You still have the repeat axis actuation thing to register on axis settings but it works and don't forget to save the profile (speaking of which, when I press a column e.g. throttle in ALL commands, and then save profile, this saves all controllers maps or just the controller column selected for this particular hardware?)

SysSpecs

AMD FX8150

DDR3 1600 2x4GB CL9

HDD 5400RPM 1 TB

GTX 650 2GB OC

PSU 400W

MOBO Asus AM3+ compatible

It is having a black screen after pressing OK in options of Viggen controls after clearing default HOTAS maps assigned to hardware by ED/HBS.

Hope this helps

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I bought it too from summer sale and have the very same problem, but fortunately you can change settings while in mission. I remember vaguely that i had years ago same problem but i cant remember if some patch fixed it or if i fixed it myself.

I bought it too from summer sale and have the very same problem, but fortunately you can change settings while in mission. I remember vaguely that i had years ago same problem but i cant remember if some patch fixed it or if i fixed it myself.

Its the first time to happen for me with the Viggen. Its something to do with my system I think.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Had the same problem with the M2K a while back.

Try renaming the DCS save games folder, so the game makes a new one and try it. IF it doesn't then go back to the original one.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Had the same problem with the M2K a while back.

Try renaming the DCS save games folder, so the game makes a new one and try it. IF it doesn't then go back to the original one.

Not really an option for me because then i would need to redo all the settings for 10+ modules which takes a long time.

My workaround for when this happens: load up a mission in Viggen, and when you are in sim, hit esc and choose adjust controls from the menu. Here it won't go black when you set your controls.

I've also experienced this issue in Viggen, and also another module in the past that I can't recall.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00ED using Tapatalk

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Not really an option for me because then i would need to redo all the settings for 10+ modules which takes a long time.
Rename not delete...

IF it still crashes then revert back to the old one.

IF it doesn't then map the viggen and copy the others over.

on ma mobile

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45