What Are People Doing With CA

CrackerJack

Difficult as DCS focus' on Real Life Planes and Vehicles you will have difficulties to find ArmA III like "M2A1 Slammer Tanks" or the "T-100 Varsuk tank, nor does anybody plan on modules like the "To-199 Neophron" or the "A-164 Wipeout"... If ArmA III would implement large maps and real planes and vehicles, than it could be an interesting option. :D

RHS Escalation, nuff said.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll cite: "Red Hammer Studios*is a group of dedicated modders, responsible for bringing top content to OFP and the Arma series of games since 2003. RHS is an independent, non-profit, community based content creation group that strives to deliver the most authentic representation of the subjects within our focus."

So non-profit organization, plus no contracts with Intellectual Property owners of the modded gear = no 3rd party contract with a company, as that would make it profitable.

No 3rd party contract, no integration in DCS, according to ED.

Nuff said.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Of course, they may add modded content to CA for DCS, but they won't get support from ED or ever have their mods officially integrated...

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I dream of combined arms turning into a collaboration between dcs and arma3.

Terrain like that, I wouldn't care if we would have current ground units simulation, as long the AI gets fixed and the Line Of Sight system gets implemented and trees can block missiles, radars and lasers (for helicopters protection).

There would be lots of work for JTAC as well then as they couldn't find enemy so easily (or vice versa).

I just hope ED has taken notice for CA improvements and terrain improvements in 2.x series, so it can really be added (better infantry handling than now, better LOS system etc).

Like with A-10C already in A3 https://youtu.be/kY4FtFyfCT8?t=459

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

^yep, I guess everyone hopes for DCS 2.0 implementing a realistic LOS and tree modeling...

I personally, could live with a "collision box" around woods rather, than individual trees.

If you think of it, it might be the perfect solution. Use a largely simplified boundary box that on the edges is some 10meters smaller than the actual wood, to block sensors/LOS detection.

Check the type of object and allow infantry, vehicles, IFVs and may be even Tanks to pass through. If the object is a plane or helicopter make it crash.

@ ED devs - what do you think? Should minimize the polygon count and number of individual collisions detected, but still give quite a realistic behavior?

Shagrat

Ah, OK. That does make sense now.

I personally think the visuals of ArmA III, combined with the realism and depth of Steel Beasts pro, added to DCS World 2 environment and Map sizes would be an awesome combination.

Though this is currently extreme challenging, as neither hardware, nor legal things, and the market would make it easy to achieve this.

What I hope to see happening some time after DCS 2.0 launch, is a functional Tank interior with working crew stations and better AI Infantry that really takes cover and can mount/dismount in MP etc.

Parts of it is almost there in DCS World 1.2 but troop mounting/dismounting is quite buggy ATM.

Shagrat

Yeah, haha you're asking fot the mega-mash-of-simulation-super-powers-coalition-simulator-2.0.

But in all seriousness, in my opinion this is the most wanted features to be added (?):

1- AI can't see through buildings and trees (already mentioned).

2- Multi-crew.

3- Interactive crew stations.

And everything else might be built from that.