Client spawn points for mission builders

BoneDust

It'd be nice to be able to place client aircraft on the carrier where the mission builder wants to rather than having them all placed in the center and then not sure where clients will spawn.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

I'm not sure we are on the same page. Those are static aircraft in the videos. I am requesting this for client aircraft.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

I would also like to be able to select where the aircraft spawn on the CV for clients. I don't see why they can't add an option for parking spaces on the CV, as well as which of the 4 cats to spawn on if a mission designer wanted to do that.

Cheers!

I would also like to be able to select where the aircraft spawn on the CV for clients. I don't see why they can't add an option for parking spaces on the CV, as well as which of the 4 cats to spawn on if a mission designer wanted to do that.

Cheers!

You can already determine which cat you want to launch from by selecting a runway start and choosing which slot 1 2 3 or 4 :thumbup:

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You can already determine which cat you want to launch from by selecting a runway start and choosing which slot 1 2 3 or 4 :thumbup:

+1

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Still.....it is not very reliable during multiplayer sessions. Folks continue to spawn on top of one another regardless of which spot the mission builder has selected.

It would be very nice to be able to actually select a specific spot on the flight deck, which is labeled just as the spots are on an airfield, so that the mission builder can decide where they want each aircraft to spawn on the deck.

While I would agree that ED has made great strides in improving the multiplayer experience aboard the carrier I feel that they can, and hopefully will, do much better!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Still.....it is not very reliable during multiplayer sessions. Folks continue to spawn on top of one another regardless of which spot the mission builder has selected.

yes that is a very anoying issue...

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

If you know how to select where the clients spawn I'd like to know. The only way I know of is you can select the cat a client starts on, but spawning in a cold jet not to my knowledge.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

It would be very nice to be able to actually select a specific spot on the flight deck, which is labeled just as the spots are on an airfield, so that the mission builder can decide where they want each aircraft to spawn on the deck.

While I would agree that ED has made great strides in improving the multiplayer experience aboard the carrier I feel that they can, and hopefully will, do much better!

+1

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Correct, there are only spots 1-4 (I think, maybe a couple more) but they are not labeled on the flight deck. I realize that nothing about these simulations are ever as easy as they might seem, but to my layman's little pea brain, it doesn't seem like assigning a takeoff spot on one of the catapults would be much different than assigning a spawn point elsewhere on the flight deck to a client.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Actually, I'd appreciate if we could just populate the deck with statics which then act as spawn points for the respective aircraft - once a client picks it, he'll be in there and it comes to life. When that unit gets destroyed, just respawn it as a static that can be taken again as soon as that spot on the deck is free in case someone's been parking there.

That way it would be possible to accurately place them where we want them to be when building missions.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

More than an allowable five aircraft would be very nice!

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

• 2 weeks later...

Indeed. Unlike ground bases, there isn't a lot of space on the carrier's deck, so it's important to be able to be very precise in the starting location on the deck. Problems range from things spawning on top of one another or not showing up at all when they should. There are a few work arounds by playing around with start times and starting position options by group but options are limited.

I know carrier ops are not a priority compared to getting the other features in the FA/18 completed, but on my wish list are:

- more than 4 parking/ramp slots on deck

- ability to specify via a LUA call where units start on deck (for scripting missions) - not by group, but by individual object in a group (so unit 1, unit 2, etc.. of a flight group).

- AI aware of "size" of the aircraft so it doesn't clip into things while moving on deck

- ability to state which way the parked unit is pointing would be helpful in relation to the deck (could be an angle relative to the bow of the ship for example).

Edited by ziporama
typo